“Amazing service twice with Jane - excellent food and cocktails - love the ambiance”
Review of Summit House

Summit House
Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 40
Description: Summit House offers elegant cuisine inspired by the Garden State's diverse edible bounty -- served in a warm, community-focused atmosphere. Sourced from local farms, fisherman and select purveyors, award-winning chef Martin Kester's innovative menu features a raw bar specializing in East Coast oysters, peak-season vegetables and humanely raised meats. And yes, we have a 16-seat full service bar.
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We have now been twice to the Summit House with different friends and an outstanding experience both times. Hard to get reservations - as expected - but within a month could find Friday or Saturday times in the summer.
We had Jane twice and she is just outstanding- knows the menu and dishes inside and out. Views of the kitchen from the back tables we enjoyed. Cocktails are amazing- love their versions of the margarita and punch. We had enjoyed raw Oysters, risotto, scallops, chicken liver (who knew? They were amazing!!), mussels during our visits. The Halibut - now replaced with the Tilefish - was amazing. Wagyu tips and pork chops also high on the list. The side of fries with the gravy a little treat. Actually had room for dessert and their tart cherry pie is amazing.
We returned home to make the next ressie with other friends - love everything about Summit house and sure to be in our permanent rotation of favorite places.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Took my family last week when visiting Summit,NJ. My last meal at the Summit House in May had been great and I wanted to turn my wife onto the place.
I'm happy to say that the food has remained stellar and the service even better than the first time. It is without a doubt the top spot to dine in Summit and we will return frequently.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I began with two plates of cheeses, which were nice. My wife began with a soft shell crab, but was quite good. My wife had the halibut, which was also excellent and I loved my Angus beef with excellent garlic spread and charred broccoli. The service was excellent. We sat next to Eli Manning. I liked this place. It is brand new. My only complaint is that the service was excellent, but a bit slow. Food was also excellent.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We had a great dinner. The food was very good the service needs so slight adjustments. Our server was doing the best she could and that is why I said slight adjustment. When a restaurant has larger party's they tend to make the server run around much more and the focus becomes that party. When this happens the other tables suffer. This is why I tend to look at the management to help with the other tables so that everyone feels the same as the larger table that is being taken care off. We will come back again but a little attention by management would really help with the service. Great food always brings someone to a restaurant. Great food & service keeps them coming back.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

From the white table clothes, to the changing of flatware after each course . . .from the enthusiastic wait staff that is ever present but never intrusive to the well spaced tables, everything about the service and atmosphere is inviting and at the same time professional and polished. And of course the food, the most important category when it comes to fine dining, is exquisite. From the shrimp starter to halibut and salmon entrees even the homemade sorbet were all beyond great . . . they were memorable. If I had to find any fault it would be with the cucumber salad which was on the bland side. But this is trivial when compared to the overall experience. I cannot wait to return!

1  Thank Steven P

Been to Summit House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK