Comfort Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)
AVE Somerset(Somerset)
View Hotel
All reviewsbells and whistlesthe breakfast arealabor daychoice hotelsroom with double bedshot optionsfree breakfastcompared to other hotelsbusiness meetingcoffee and juicethe general managerplace to stayfuture visitsreasonable ratessomerset njruby tuesdaysfridge and microwave
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Arrived about 10:40pm 5/31/15. Hotel was sold out and my room didn't have a mini-fridge. (First Comfort Inn I've stayed where only suites have a mini-fridge. Seems to vary by region.) Front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating (at all times). I was able to keep my bag of perishables in the staff fridge for two days until a more suitable room became available. Clean and comfortable rooms, beds, and bathrooms. I stayed 8 nights. My diet is atypical, and the included breakfast is of no value to me, so I didn't have it. The wifi service was solid and in my experience, better than average. The "Business Center" was down to one PC (the other was in the shop) for the duration of my stay. I'd stay again the next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I prefer a room away from the elevator, and always make sure there's a "Do Not Disturb" hang tag in the event I want to sleep in.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Comfort290, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2015

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We recognize that many of our guests would like a fridge and microwave in their room so we are working to get those in 2015.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

We stayed 2 nights in a room with a king bed, and it was pretty good. We got a convention rate, and that made for a good deal. The breakfast was good, not great, and they used plastic cutlery & foam plates. BUT they did have recycling there! I'm going to start downgrading hotels that don't have recycling programs- there's no excuse for that anymore. They did NOT have a recycling bin in the room though. The fitness room was small but had a few free weights. Not great, not awful. Wi-fi was perhaps better than average. The room was clean and a good size. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We do have multiple reuse/recycle programs and our recyclables are sorted by our disposal company!

Reviewed 24 March 2015

Stayed at the property on a Fri and Sat nite...only a couple picky problems but for the price not worth mentioning... positives overwhelmed any inconvenience. Staff very friendly, breakfast more than adequate, and price excellent for the area. No reason not to make this one of your first choices unless money not an issue. Even then not sure any advantage outside of a larger room. Safe, clean, and courteousness.
Now here's the only criticism... and I have found it at every price in my travels the past couple of months...WEAK internet. I don't think any price hotel understands the importance. Important to make next reservation and scope out the area. That said this problem was not unique to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get close to router
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind words,we really appreciate your feedback and support. Please come visit the Comfort Inn & Suites Somerset NJ again when you're in the central NJ area.

Reviewed 24 March 2015

I have stayed at 5 hotels in the Somerset area. This hotel has a friendly front staff.. great bedding, .. a pool.. good location.. I had a king room so I had microwave, refrig, coffee.. work station, adequate lighting, good carpet, nice bathroom.. all in all a good stay. quiet, climate control good
this being said.... breakfast needs work, the eggs were a mysterious fluffy hockey puck, kind of like if they mixed cotton in with egg.. weird !!! the cheese omelet one day was better.. The waffle was good but also different..wheat? I like that they offer a full breakfast but it does need revision.
When I called to confirm my res, I found that I had NOT booked this hotel, but rather the HOliday inn by accident. I was disappointed, yet, the front office contact fixed it for me and at the last minute. I was very grateful.
Negatively, I left something in room and called immediately and they have not located it. For that? I was bummed. and confused. as it wasn't valuable, and yet it was to me. It is not something that I would imagine a housekeeping staff to discard..
I would like the t.v. to have a remote that explains better how to find things and what they are.. but the tv was good.
I find the location to Ruby Tuesdays very convenient, no car necessary.

All in all, I will book this again and recommend you to do the same.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for the kind words,we really appreciate your feedback and support. Thank you for making the Comfort Inn & Suites Somerset NJ your prefered hotel. I will work housekeeping to improve our lost and found procedures.

Reviewed 10 March 2015

The staff at this hotel is the most amazing staff I've seen at any hotel in my life, extremely nice. The room was in shambles, though. One of the legs on the coffee table was so broken that it was almost off, the refrigerator froze everything we put in it, the closet door didn't budge and the fold out bed in the couch had a dent in it so big that we had to buy a cardboard box to put underneath the mattress in order to make it sleep-able. One last minor thing is that the TV Remotes look like Ice Cream cones, and are therefore hard to find. Overall, it was not the best stay in the world, especially for a whole week, which is the amount of time we stayed there for.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take your comments very seriously and we will work hard to make each room in perfect condition, including the sofa beds.