All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast areahuge bathtubstandard breakfastin excellent shapeman workingsleeping areawedding venuetub showerfree breakfastcoffee machinefree shuttlecheck in was a breezerefrigerator and microwavebound brookdesk areaflat screen tv
Reviewed 5 November 2017

This is a clean, modern hotel with spacious rooms. We were staying to attend a wedding at the venue next door. Our check in was fast & friendly. When we arrived in our room we noticed it was uncomfortably warm. Adjusting the thermostat didn't stop the warm air coming from the unit. We called the desk & was told someone would investigate the problem. By the time we left for the wedding two hours later (and after dressing in a very warm room), no one had arrived. We stopped at the desk and were again told someone would investigate.

We headed out to the shuttle ride to the venue. Our shuttle driver spoke not one word of greeting and was wearing a very dirty apron. The inside of the van was quite warm (seems to be a pattern!) but it was a quick ride next door. Our return driver was neatly dressed and very warm & personable.

When we arrived back at our room it was still very hot. After a third complaint, we were moved to the room next door, which was cool & comfortable and they gave us an individual size bottle of wine . However, moving all our belongings at 11 PM after a wedding reception was annoying, especially since we reported the problem hours before.

The following morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast and the staff was kind enough to allow late sleepers to get breakfast after the breakfast hours ended. This is a nice hotel, but it was an uneven experience and not the usual standard of service we receive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NJerseyTravelers
Francisco G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear NJerseyTravelers,
I wanted to personally reach out and apologize for the warm lobby and van that you experienced during your stay. This was a disappointing experience I'm sure and for that I am truly sorry. It is not the norm at our property, and I can assure you we have looked into this matter as well as the driver that transported you to your event. Please reach out to me directly at 732-627-8483 so we can discuss this further. Once again, I do apologize for the experience you had and hope to speak to you soon. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

Yours in Hospitality,
Francisco Gomes

Reviewed 26 October 2017

When first entering this hotel, you will be met with a spacious and modern looking lobby, and a friendly staff. There will be fresh water/juice and the softest cookies available to you. And you will find the room accommodations to be just as welcoming and pleasing to the eye. There are walk in closets and large bathrooms, even a luxurious hot tub in some of the nicer rooms. We recently used these types of rooms as VIP suites for a business meeting. I would highly recommend Fairfield for your personal and business needs, as the staff is professional and its prices reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2017

GREAT staff, GREAT hotel... CLEAN rooms...

By far the best hotel I have ever stayed at

Frankie the GM was very professional and helpful
Kristen in sales was very attentive to my needs and made everything stress free for the big day

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We had the bridal suite which was phenomenal, it was huge and so comfortable. The groomsmen started to get ready there before they moved onto the Palace for photos. They were able to hang out and have a few beers without being in each others face. The Jacuzzi was very nice and relaxing after a very long day. Unfortunately the hair dryer didn't work after I got out of it so i had to sleep with wet hair. Breakfast was nice with all our family and friends with a huge variety of offerings. The shuttle was great as well to get all of our guests back to the hotel in an orderly manner. Very nice man waited until 130 to take me and my husband back to the hotel as we wrapped everything up. It was very hard to get into contact with the Sales Manager Kristen Digravina, i called and emailed her multiple times and never heard back from her. I'm sorry but you can't be that busy that you can't respond to an email. After calling the hotel multiple times trying to reach Kristen and talking to the front desk multiple times. I finally heard from Racquel after a 1 month of trying to reach out to Kristen. Racquel was very pleasant and answered all of my questions that i wanted Kristen to answer. Overall i would stay at the hotel again if needed but only if there was someone more responsive in sales then Kristen.Very disappointed with her lack of response and no apology. She just added to my stress a week out to my wedding that i didn't need for ignoring me.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank landersonnj103
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent location for business meetings, restaurants close by but a short drive. Excellent service and quiet rooms. Recommend for business or families. The rooms are nice and in excellent shape. Entrance from highway as a little complex due to the U turn required but WAZE/Google had excellent directions.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business