Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset
US$ 104
US$ 109
Doubletree.com
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Inn & Suites(Somerset)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
US$ 146
US$ 132
US$ 138
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskturkey sausageroom was cleanwedding weekendthe breakfast areain excellent shapeplush towelsfresh baked cookiestub showersleeping areaboth morningsmarriott rewardsplenty of hot waterrefrigerator and microwavecoffee machinefree breakfastfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2017

This is by far the nicest hotel on Davidson Avenue...and there are a bunch to choose from! I've stayed in at least 6, so I can be give you a respectable ranking. This occasion was not business, but pleasure: attending a wedding at the nearly next door Palace. This place is frankly too nice to be a Fairfield Inn. You won't find cinder block walls or spartan furniture here. The fit, finish and service approach that of a full service Marriott.

The hotel has four stories and two elevators. All the rooms are oversized and described as "suites"...that's a bit generous, but I will let it slide. Check in was a breeze thanks to my Gold status with Marriott. I arranged for my late check out the next day with no problem. The lobby has a lovely gas fireplace and vaulted ceiling with comfy sofas. Next to the front desk is a sundries shop that includes some alcoholic beverages should you run out and are stuck here without a car. There is really nothing within walking distance except maybe the Ruby Tuesday's up the street. The neighborhood is mostly offices and limited service hotels. The breakfast area is behind the lobby with a beautiful wall of windows to peer into the woods. Breakfast was very fulfilling, with plenty of proteins on offer. Eggs, sausage, bacon, make your own waffles, oatmeal, fruit, cereals were all there, fresh and replenished frequently. Wifi was strong and steady as usual at a Marriott property.

Up to the rooms and you are immediately impressed with the quality of furnishings and fittings. The regular rooms have an oversize bathroom upon entry with a large upscale granite counter and a very nice size tub/shower. The lighting could be a touch brighter for things like doing makeup or shaving. That would seriously be my only quibble with the entire hotel. Into the living area you will find a desk & chair and a flat screen tv above it. Across the room is a full size sofa with coffee table. There is ample room to break out the provided ironing board and iron. Each room also has a refrigerator and microwave. You then cross into a sleeping area that is just separated by tasteful room dividers. It isn't another room, just a bit sectioned off from the living area. Here you will find a king or 2 queen beds, a second tv and the closet complete with laptop size safe. I've never seen that in a Fairfield before! The bed is super comfy and the furniture looks like it belongs in a Renaissance. Whoever built this hotel spent some serious money-and it shows!

The hotel does have proper suites if that is what you are seeking, but the regular rooms are oversize and certainly had plenty of comfort and space for a couple. i'm very impressed with this Fairfield, I wish more were as awesome as this one. Book here without hesitation when in Somerset.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have nice woods views. All rooms have fridge/microwave. South end is furthest from elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 8 March 2017

My stay are Fairfield Inn & Suites Somserset was amazing! As soon as I arrived, check in was fast and easy due to the great customer service. The room was very cozy since it had a "living area" that consisted of a couch with a t.v. and a "sleeping area" with of course your bed and another t.v. Yes, I said another television! The bathroom had a nice size counter top and a huge shower. (Pretty sure 3-4 people could fit in the shower) Once breakfast time rolled around, there was a nice buffet that consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, and much more. Everything was fresh and good. Then once the afternoon comes, they always have a variety of freshly made cookies with lemon water at the front reception desk. For check out, all I had to do was leave my room keys in this envelope they left on my room door and called it a day! Amazing stay all the way around!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2017

I was so impressed with the hotel and the staff at this hotel. I was there with a large group (hockey team) and the staff could not have been more accommodating. They were so patient with all of our needs and requests and handled everything with kindness and professionalism. They were so good to all of our kids, too! The rooms were big and clean and the shower was awesome. Vanessa at the front desk was top-notch...if you're traveling to Somerset, this is where you want to stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I booked this hotel through Priceline. You know the service, it is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.
May I say I was overwhelmed with pleasant surprize.

Just minutes away from I-287.. an easy drive from Exit 12 or 10 ( your choice ) I arrive at the hotel and discover that it is not just a normal room, but a Suite. Large sitting area, sofa, coffee table... as good as being home . The bed is even larger.

Best hotel bathroom I have had the pleasure of using in my many hotel trips. Extra Big Tub. Grab bars, plenty of hot water and excellent water pressure.

Then there was the staff. Every staff member that I came across offered a greeting and you could tell they were happy to be there and would go out of their way to serve you.

Then came Morning. As I wandered down for the "Free Breakfast Buffet" I was shocked to see what was there. The usual stuff you expect... bagels, muffins, english muffins, cereal.... Sure. But Fresh Cut Fruit, Hot Oatmeal, Waffles, Fluffy Scrambled Eggs... WOW. Did I mention the sausage and piles of BACON.
I took the last cup of coffee from the service. I mentioned it to the staff member in charge of the the buffet. She said she would refill it and she promptly did. After all, that is what you would expect.
What I did not expect is she searched me out and thanked me for bringing the low coffee level to her attention. Amazing staff... the kind of employees that I would want to have working for me.
Yes, I would stay there again...... actually, I am looking forward to my next trip to Somerset, NJ

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank 52michael
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Large rooms. Beds were fresh and comfortable. Furniture and rug a little dated but clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was ready and all set up with a very nice pack-n-play for our little granddaughter. Would recommend to friends and come back myself.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor facing the front of the hotel but found it quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family