1,187 results
All reviews mall across the street indoor pool the executive lounge new jersey business hotel self parking front desk manager business trip fitness center free shuttle eforea spa wedding anthony nj retreat summit valet
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

It is just convenient to stay there and maybe it is due to my laziness that I was there quite often.
But this hotel does not offer anything special. They started renovating rooms, but still... nothing with is above the absolute minimum. I was really shocked when I had to pay 10$ extra for a double espresso while having a breakfast for 39$.
I would not know any reason to stay there except that it is close to the headquarter of the company I am working for.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Beryl B, Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton short Hills. I am sorry to hear you thought the recent renovations was the bare minimum. Your feedback on the price of the double expressio has been also been noted.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Our two families decided to take a last minute vacation to end the summer and chose this place for its reputation of being a high class resort/spa. It was everything but high class. The hotel staff was very friendly though
First, there is no room service or dinner service in the summer other than the terrace bar, which had good food but more of a burger place, no entrees.
Next the biggest issue: The outdoor pool what a disaster. We checked in on sunday went straight to the pool. It was very peaceful with a few families enjoying the day. It started to rain but for only about 10 minutes. They immediately closed the outdoor grill and bar for the rest of the day on a holiday weekend! After the rain cleared and we came back out large groups of families started swarming the pool. One family even let there golden retriever dog take a swim. These are all people who we did not see in the hotel once. We would notice as we felt like the only guests staying there. It was deserted.
We then went to dinner on the terrace which was nice and peaceful as we were 7 of about 15 people in the whole area. Hotel was empty.
This bring us to Monday, beautiful sunny weather. Great pool day at a peaceful "high end spa" hotel. WRONG. Again swarms of people start entering the pool and everyone knows each other. None of the kids had swim diapers on, and slowly each guest would go out and get more guests. I find the pool manager and ask her what is going on here, does this place sell day passes to the pool, and she assures me no and that everyone has a room. I tell her this is chaos and not fair to the other guests and that the giant dog at the pool who is not a service dog is not acceptable and she tells me that the dog is not in the pool so there is nothing wrong with it. I tell her it was in the pool the day before and this is complete chaos she then tells me sorry I feel that way. About an hour later at 1:00pm she walks around to tell everyone that the pool had to close for 4 hours for maintenance because of fecal accident. We ask if we can at least lay in the lounge chairs and enjoy the sun she tells us no to go into the indoor pool on a day that is 88 degrees. The girls in front of us refuse to leave because they paid for a day pass. Interesting because I was told they do not sell day passes.
I get home and I call the hotel directly to ask about day passes and the front desk assures me they do not sell day passes, so I ask about the fitness center and he tells me they sell memberships to the fitness center and members have access to the pools. This now explains "all the guests" who let other guests into the pool. I ask him can members bring guests into the pool.He then tells me I can talk to the fitness manager for a better explanation.
This pool is like a private club for a certain group of people and hotel guests should be aware of this. Short Hills Hilton tries to portray itself as a spa like setting. There is no spa anymore either. This felt like a stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Charilyz A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Short Hills.

I am extremely sorry to hear you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay with us, and that the service in which we provided to you was not satisfactory. Your feedback is greatly appreciated in order to perfect the guest experience.

We have forward all your feedback to upper management for consideration and corrective action. I can rest assure you this is not the type of service that reflects our hotel or Hilton. We do not sell pool passes and we do have members that have certain areas to use and several restrictions also.

We want to apologies for the unfortunate situation of the pool during Monday, the same was out of our control and we had to sanitize the same for the continued enjoyment of our guests.

We will reinforced our security in the public areas to have a better control of guest and their behaviors.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future to become your preferred hotel in the Short HiIls area.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

The restaurant was closed for dinner the 5 days I was there! As an alternative, food was served in the bar. This was not a comfortable place to dine, and had very limited food choices and very slow service. The Executive Lounge was supposed to be open to Hilton Honors members for breakfast from 6:30am but breakfast was not ready until closer to 7am each of 5 days I was there,

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank roswellnosher
Beryl B, Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at the Hilton Short Hills!
Our Dining Room Restaurant was closed for dinner through September 03 and I am am excited to incform you that it is opening for dinner starting September 04.
We appreciate the additional feedback on the Executive Lounge opening late for breakfast and following up on it.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

The rooms have recently been renovated and are nice but the rest of the hotel is tired but luckily I survived the breakfast . the floor in the entire restaurant is sticking up in the air and people can easily trip although there are cones all over the place saying wet floor. the server was nice enough to tell us to be careful as we walk but if Hilton walked in they woulf shut the place down in about 30 seconds. at breakfast the toaster didn't work and the guy making the omelets took about a half hour per omelette because he couldn't get the pan hot enough. I promised my wife a spa weekend but the spa was closed months ago but online still indicates there is a spa when I told the person at the front desk they just indicated that the spa left. I paid for my room with my credit card and the next day that credit card whivh I hardly ever used was banged out gor $2, 000 of online illegal purchases. when I called the hotel manager to tell him what happened they said what do you want me to do about it the credit card company will give you money back. This used to be my favorite hotel but I would be surprised if in a year from now they're still in business.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mitchell S

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Short Hills!
We value your feedback and are pleased to hear that you liked our newly renovated rooms. I am sorry to hear we failed to provide the service expected of us. I have noted your comments on the defects and we are addressing them. We hope to make the Hilton Short Hills your favorite hotel again.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

A very well (re-)furbished hotel. We stayed one night before a flight the next day. Called house keeping for more towels and pillows and it all arrived efficiently. Concierge was extremely helpful and personable. I would recommend going into Summit- a short drive / taxi away- for a greater choice of restaurants and bars. The nearby Mall has at least one fast-food and one seafood restaurant. The Outdoor Pool was hard to find- go to Mezzanine and walk past the Business centre- but it clean and sunny. Robes available in the indoor pool. Family friendly. Though non-residents were using it.

Room Tip: Avoid overlooking the Roof-Top dining/ bar. Could be noisy but we had no problem at all.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Short Hills!
We value your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Hope to see you soon.