1,194 results
All reviews mall across the street indoor pool the executive lounge new jersey business hotel self parking front desk manager business trip fitness center free shuttle eforea spa wedding nj retreat summit valet nyc
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

The rooms have recently been renovated and are nice but the rest of the hotel is tired but luckily I survived the breakfast . the floor in the entire restaurant is sticking up in the air and people can easily trip although there are cones all over the place saying wet floor. the server was nice enough to tell us to be careful as we walk but if Hilton walked in they woulf shut the place down in about 30 seconds. at breakfast the toaster didn't work and the guy making the omelets took about a half hour per omelette because he couldn't get the pan hot enough. I promised my wife a spa weekend but the spa was closed months ago but online still indicates there is a spa when I told the person at the front desk they just indicated that the spa left. I paid for my room with my credit card and the next day that credit card whivh I hardly ever used was banged out gor $2, 000 of online illegal purchases. when I called the hotel manager to tell him what happened they said what do you want me to do about it the credit card company will give you money back. This used to be my favorite hotel but I would be surprised if in a year from now they're still in business.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mitchells893
Beryl B, Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Short Hills!
We value your feedback and are pleased to hear that you liked our newly renovated rooms. I am sorry to hear we failed to provide the service expected of us. I have noted your comments on the defects and we are addressing them. We hope to make the Hilton Short Hills your favorite hotel again.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

A very well (re-)furbished hotel. We stayed one night before a flight the next day. Called house keeping for more towels and pillows and it all arrived efficiently. Concierge was extremely helpful and personable. I would recommend going into Summit- a short drive / taxi away- for a greater choice of restaurants and bars. The nearby Mall has at least one fast-food and one seafood restaurant. The Outdoor Pool was hard to find- go to Mezzanine and walk past the Business centre- but it clean and sunny. Robes available in the indoor pool. Family friendly. Though non-residents were using it.

Room Tip: Avoid overlooking the Roof-Top dining/ bar. Could be noisy but we had no problem at all.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Short Hills!
We value your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Great spot across from a high need mall. You can tell this hotel is mainly for conferences from the surrounding businesses but when there are no conferences the cost is very reasonable for NJ. I would return here again when visiting my daughter at Seron Hall.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Hilton Short Hills!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Very comfortable, upscale hotel. Chose it for the indoor and outdoor pools - thoroughly enjoyed. Clean, spacious everything. Requested extra pillows and towels which were delivered promptly with no problems. Huge TV in the room. Walk in shower was fun. Expensive drinks and food, but great service.

Stayed: August 2018
Beryl B, Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton short Hills.

I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay including the indoor/outdoor pool and the service. We strive to provide service that will create a great experience for our guests and it looks like we achieved that for you.

We hope you return soon!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

The hotel was very clean, looked great. Staff was professional and very friendly from top to bottom. The concierge was super efficient and helped us at every step. But the little things were annoying. We checked in and got a room with 1 bed not 2. Front desk fixed that immediately. My parents checked in later, couldn't find their reservation. That was fixed quickly and efficiently too. Biggest problem, though, was dining. Breakfast, in the main restaurant, was excellent. But it was closed for lunch and then also for dinner on Sunday (not sure if that's typical for sunday or not). Loved the décor, very clean, wait staff was, again, super friendly but wow was the service slow, there was only one woman there for lunch who was the waitress and bartender, she was great but clearly needed a second person to help. And the menu was inexplicably wrong. They were out of a lot of the beers listed, along with a large number of the menu items. What we had was good but as an example, there were some amazing sounding whiskey-infused milkshakes on the dessert menu but you couldn't order them, I guess the menu was out of date? We ordered an ice cream sandwich instead, which was very good but the service was so slow it had melted a little by the time it showed up. Everything else about the stay was really good but slow service and not being able to order at least 10% of the menu is not something I expect from Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for for the review of your stay at at Hilton Short Hills!
I am pleased our staff was “super efficient” and friendly during your stay. However, it seems there were some misses with your dining experience and I have passed the feedback on to the Food and Beverage Director.
We hope you visit again.