1,187 results
All reviews mall across the street indoor pool the executive lounge new jersey business hotel self parking front desk manager business trip fitness center free shuttle eforea spa wedding anthony nj retreat summit valet
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Great spot across from a high need mall. You can tell this hotel is mainly for conferences from the surrounding businesses but when there are no conferences the cost is very reasonable for NJ. I would return here again when visiting my daughter at Seron Hall.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Beryl B, Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Hilton Short Hills!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Very comfortable, upscale hotel. Chose it for the indoor and outdoor pools - thoroughly enjoyed. Clean, spacious everything. Requested extra pillows and towels which were delivered promptly with no problems. Huge TV in the room. Walk in shower was fun. Expensive drinks and food, but great service.

Stayed: August 2018
Beryl B, Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton short Hills.

I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay including the indoor/outdoor pool and the service. We strive to provide service that will create a great experience for our guests and it looks like we achieved that for you.

We hope you return soon!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

The hotel was very clean, looked great. Staff was professional and very friendly from top to bottom. The concierge was super efficient and helped us at every step. But the little things were annoying. We checked in and got a room with 1 bed not 2. Front desk fixed that immediately. My parents checked in later, couldn't find their reservation. That was fixed quickly and efficiently too. Biggest problem, though, was dining. Breakfast, in the main restaurant, was excellent. But it was closed for lunch and then also for dinner on Sunday (not sure if that's typical for sunday or not). Loved the décor, very clean, wait staff was, again, super friendly but wow was the service slow, there was only one woman there for lunch who was the waitress and bartender, she was great but clearly needed a second person to help. And the menu was inexplicably wrong. They were out of a lot of the beers listed, along with a large number of the menu items. What we had was good but as an example, there were some amazing sounding whiskey-infused milkshakes on the dessert menu but you couldn't order them, I guess the menu was out of date? We ordered an ice cream sandwich instead, which was very good but the service was so slow it had melted a little by the time it showed up. Everything else about the stay was really good but slow service and not being able to order at least 10% of the menu is not something I expect from Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for for the review of your stay at at Hilton Short Hills!
I am pleased our staff was “super efficient” and friendly during your stay. However, it seems there were some misses with your dining experience and I have passed the feedback on to the Food and Beverage Director.
We hope you visit again.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

The Hilton at Short Hills NJ arguably used to be one of the top Hilton properties. Unfortunately it has slipped quite a bit.

Rooms are a little tired with the bathrooms in particular showing their age. Door would not close securely and corners have accumulated dirt... something you see more frequently in the halls.

The restaurant seemed to have the biggest challenges. A dog was allowed to sit on the booth during breakfast, being petted the entire time by the oblivious owner and clearly visible to the restaurant staff. UGH. (Zero indication of being a service animal whether actual or not.)

The buffet closed about 10 minutes early, resulting in more than a few disgruntled guests.

To close out, there were errors on the bill, still being resolved by “only one person there authorized to sort things out.”

We would stay again, but only if attending an event in the immediate area. This used to be a higher class destination hotel, but has clearly slipped from its glory.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Charilyz A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Short Hills.

It appears we missed the mark on completely satisfying you during your stay, and I apologize for that. I have noted the issues that occurred during your stay to hopefully rectify them for future guests such as yourself.

We are not a pet friendly hotel but service dogs are accepted, as per law we can not ask a guest to show any type of identification to conform that his dog is a service dog. With your feedback we will definitely let our staff know that they should inform management to provide feedback about regulation to guest.

Also we have forward your feedback to food and beverage management for immediate corrective actions on dinning areas hours and Housekeeping management for the cleanliness.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future to become your preferred hotel while in the Short Hills area.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I've been to several hilton's for work. Unfortunately, this one does not seem to live up to the usual standards. I called room service, which took several minutes to answer, and when they answered I stated I would like to order room service. The person said "What?" I told her in several variations that I wanted food delivered to my room. Slightly irritating. As I was asking for a meal she said, "What?" Three more times. I was on the verge of hanging up. Perhaps it was my phone but she never once stated she was having issues hearing me from the phone and saying "What," Is extremely aggravating. When I open my door it is so jammed I have to lean/put body weight behind it. The door stopper has three screws to connect it to the doorframe which are all loose and the dead bolt will not lock. I am not super ecstatic. On a positive note, room is clean and spacious. I still love Hilton but disappointed in this stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine P
Beryl B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Short Hills! We are pleased that your room was spacious and clean.

We value your feedback and concerned about the disappointing experience you had. We will definitely use your feedback as a training tool with the team.

We look forward to your next visit so you can experience what our typical service is like.