“Excellent fresh seafood!”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Short Hills
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: JFK Parkway
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Our restaurant is located inside The Mall at Short Hills on the lower level. You may choose to beach yourself in our dining room or at our bar. Either way, we’ll think you walk on water - be sure to see our aquarium of koi fish built into the floor. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Having been to several of the Legal Seafood locations including the flagship one in Boston several times this did not disappoint!

Hands down the BEST New England clam chowder we have ever had.

My wife ordered the spicy fish and chips and loved it. Freshness beyond compare, flaky, tender and delicious with almost no oil residue to show. It came loaded with French fries, onion straws and coleslaw.

I had the Annie's Baked cod, my all time favorite. Succulent flaky fish loaded with flavor paired with a roasted tomato , jasmine rice and sautéed spinach.

Overall excellent as always and make sure you ask to be served by NEDAR, he was awesome!!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This is the place we meet our cousins after shopping. All of us have dietary restrictions and without blinking an eye, our waitress is eager to please. Three of us had the Coho Salmon on brown rice with spinach. It was perfect. And one of us ordered the rare tuna which was also excellent. The salads were crisp and fresh. I did not like the basil vinaigrette though because it was too tart. We ordered shrimp dumplings which were very tasty. The portions were large therefore not leaving room for dessert. Also hot bread buns were also delivered to our table which was great. All in all the food was wonderful but the prices were a little steep with almost every entrée being close to $30 without salad. Service was excellent. Venue could be updated.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

There are a ton of options on the menu. My client chose seafood casserole, which came burnt in some spots on top and somewhat overcooked inside. My signature crab cake was a bit in the small side, but when combined with the seasonal salad ended up perfect. I've been good so a treat was in order. The no sugar added Chocolate Mousse hit the spot. My client chose the Key Lime Pie, but it was just so-so.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I loved the atmosphere of the place, low lighting and leather seating.. the service was great and the food was great too!
We tried the spicy calamari which was nice and crispy as an appetizer then I took the chargrilled shrimp with Cajun spices which was honestly one of the best times I had shrimp (especially that I like spicy food)!
Also paid a visit to the restroom and it was clean!
And if you're shopping at Short Hills then I'm quite sure that this restaurant is affordable :)

So I would highly recommend and definitely go again!

1  Thank H R
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I had dinner in the mall location and it was delicious. Very good Snapper and wine. The seating was immediate and the service good. I would recommend to anyone visiting the mall.