“Should it really be this good”
Review of Surf Taco

Surf Taco
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

So my children who have little taste in food insisted that I try “surf taco”. As I can’t say “no” to them I reluctantly tried. Though the place looks like it is in need of sanitization and the staff look like they need adult supervision the food is great. In fact I confess to returning for the exact same thing, the Malibu Veggie Burrito the next day. Try it before the health inspector calls!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Wakachue

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Family of 5 ordered take out. We feel like we got a lot of food for our money. It was tasty - not “omg, this is sooo good” but pretty good overall. Their Almost Famous salsa bar has 4 different hot sauces - not salsa. Same scene as Moe’s. They had convenient to go containers which was great since we ordered take out. Definitely a good spot if you want pretty good Mexican food at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

One of my favorites on the island! The line can be long at times. I recommend ordering online and then going to pick it up. You get an email confirmation with the exact time that your order will be ready. Some of my favorites meals include the mavericks burrito, buffalo soldier, aloha wrap, teriyaki bowl, and jersey bowl. Get any of those and you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Monday evening, not crowded. You walk in and place your order, pay, they give you a number, you sit down and they bring the food to your table. They have a free salsa bar with three or four different kinds. Most menu items come with chips.
Ordered the Coconut mango shrimp taco which was good. The Mavericks burrito (chicken) was a little dry and could have used more seasoning. Shrimp fajitas were good but not great. Chicken quesadillas and Chicken tenders tacos were good.
Did not get dessert but some sounded enticing e.g. bananas tempura with caramel, chocolate and whipped cream. There was another similar dessert but with a fried tortilla.
Overall, everything was lacking in flavor, our table was sticky, and this location is just not as good as the original in Point Pleasant.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I try to stop by Surf Taco locations every now and again and it never disappoints!! The other night I ordered the Jersey Bowl which had barbeque chicken, pineapple, brown rice, pico, avocado..etc. It was just so good and really hit the spot after a day on the beach. Always comes with a side of tortilla chips and salsa is self serve.
I'll always come back.