“Great dinner ”
Review of Raimondo's

Raimondo's
Reserve with OpenTable
Raimondo's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Luckily we made a reservation a week in advance, so we did not have to wait. Rule #1: make a reservation! We sat in the side tented/patio area. Despite it being cold and rainy outside, this seating area was very pleasant. Our whole group ate veal, so I can only attest to veal, but it was DELICIOUS. I had Milanese and the others all had Parmesan. Both dishes were great and generous portions. Our server Eric was also fantastic. My only suggestion would be to offer a few more menu items that are more “simple” or “classic” Italian. I really felt like the Veal Milanese was my only option. Expensive meal, but otherwise, very great and I will return again!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Service was excellent, food was good. A little disappointed there weren’t more fish options. Also heavy on “cream sauces”, not my favorite. My filet mignonette was good. A little pricey.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018

On a recent midweek family-vacation, we accidentally stumbled into Raimondo's. And we left really FRUSTRATED.

We were two moms and four kids, and we chatted with the host ahead of time about our needs; we were honest: four tired kids, fussy eaters, etc. She offered that they serve fingers-and-fries and that there is a semi-outdoor cafe so noise wouldn't be a problem. Great!

There was one group inside the stone-silent dining room, and no-one in the cafe. Perfect.

We ordered a bottle of wine straightaway plus food for the kids. The waiter didn't want to take the order, because we hadn't decided on entrees. As a former waitress, I hate restaurants that insist on all courses up-front. I insisted that he put the order in, because of the kids . . . (plus it was early on a Tuesday and the restaurant was nearly empty).

The other mom & I decided on four appetizers for us to share, instead of any entrees. Everything was pricey, but the menu looked interesting, and we wanted to try different things. We saw a minimum one-entree-per-adult rule on the menu, but we both figured that it was about the total amount spent (I get it - as a former waitress - you don't want an adult to order a bowl of soup and eat the free bread and take up your table for two hours). Entrees ran $22-$40, and appetizers were $14-16. Our total bill would have come to more than if we had each ordered entrees . . . but this caused a huge problem. The waiter refused to take an appetizer-only order - and he got a bit unpleasant.

The manager came to the table. I offered that we could just pay up then (calamari & fries plus our wine only) and leave - which would mean a much smaller tab & tip than if we proceeded with our planned order of four+ appetizers + kids' meals (& potentially dessert). She said that we could do that - the higher-tab logic didn't work on her . . . no business sense it seems on anyone there . . .

But we stayed . . . because of the kids. We changed our order to two entrees, and the kids ate kid-food. We didn't stay for desserts (of course not).

It is worth noting that the entrees we had were very good - grilled octopus and mussels in broth. Sangria by the bottle was very cheap ($22).

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Starters were good , dinner very small portion but good coffee and dessert good.
Service was very good.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

From start to finish, Raimondo’s never disappoints, The Caesar salad can be ordered with fried oysters ($2.50each) and is one thing on the menu that we always order. Seafood is fresh and perfectly prepared and their meat dishes are excellent. One favorite is the scallops and risotto. Their specials are always creative and delicious!

Date of visit: June 2018