“Best Mexican on the Island”
Review of LEX MEX

LEX MEX
Ranked #28 of 39 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Lex Mex has the best Mexican we’ve found on LBI. The pulled pork tacos and seafood burrito are favorites. We also like the fajitas and that they aren’t brought out while still sizzling but are handleable.

You’ll be charged for each soda or seltzer so be aware if you get refills. BYOB for alcohol. Casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Five of us went there for dinner. Two had beef tacos. The beef had a weird taste. Two ordered the shrimp quesadillas. It was over stuffed with cheese and the shrimp didn't taste good. One had the beef fajitas. They were ok. The staff was very nice but I wouldn't recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

A small BYOB restaurant conveniently near Rt 72 with great choice of Mexican specialties- fish tacos among the best. Lines in summer a bit long as normal for LBI but staff could help more by nudging diners who have finished but are just rudely sitting, sipping their beers forever occupying space, preventing diners behind them from being seated. But the food is worth it. Wait staff very pleasant, efficient but only get a 3 below due to timidity in nudging finished diners-otherwise they are great.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had a real nice meal, which was a take out, the place was mobbed and we had two little children who were hungry so we opted to take out. The only draw back was that I ordered taco's which bye the time we got home (after two other stops) were broken apart so i had to eat them like a dorito instead of a taco, otherwise everyone enjoyed their meals.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I stopped here with my fiancé for a quick bite of take out before the beach. I ordered a veggie burrito. We waited twenty minutes and when I got the burrito I couldn't even pick it up. It was drenched in greasy red liquid. Literally the container looked like soup was poured in it. The tortilla was a soggy mess and the vegetables consisted of a ton of onions and a pepper or two. I will NEVER waste my money on this place again. I didn't even eat the "burrito" and just munched on a few of the bland tortilla chips. Gross.

Date of visit: July 2017