All reviews free parking across the street new york the bus harmon meadows movie theater into nyc port authority per day hotel shuttle beds were very comfortable fitness center restaurants and shops great place to stay business trip outback steakhouse times square easy access to nyc
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Just wondering why this hotel does not have an in-room safe? Has anyone has any issues? I did not realize this at time of booking and switched to another hotel for this reason. Stayed the one night but was not confortable leaving things in the room unsecured.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Elizabeth,
Thank you for sharing your concern. Yes, you are correct, the hotel does not have in-room safes, however complimentary safes (all sizes) are located at the front desk. Presently IHG ( our parent company) doesn't require Holiday Inns to have in-room safes.
Rest assured the hotel is very safe and hasn't experience issues involving theft.
Again, thank you for sharing your concern and all the best for safe travels.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I've read a bunch of the reviews of this Holiday Inn and I would have t agree overall. The rooms are enormous compared to NYC rooms, the bed is comfortable and the location is walking distance to many restaurants and shops.

Internet speeds are advertised at 300Mbps on the sign out front. The reality is about 5Mb down and 4Mb up. Not terrible but far from their claims.

The bathrooms are typical for a Holiday Inn but no where nice as a Hyatt or even a Hilton. Not a deal breaker but they do seem a little dates compared to the competition. The AC unit is loud and old to be sure but that's true of so many hotels I'm not sure I can ping them for that. I was in a very high end hotel last night with what looked like a fancy thermostat and it cycled on and off all night plunging me from near snow like conditions to being too warm to be comfortable. This room is larger so I'm hoping the affect is lessened to some degree.

Lobby bar is spacious and comfortable and the bartender was pleasant enough. The menu is a little boring by any standard, a small selection of uninspired dishes guaranteed to not impress. I have two breakfast vouchers but I will probably not use them and grab something from the bagel place nearby.

At $120 its a fair price for what you get. Not somewhere I would go on purpose but fine for a night or two.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased you enjoyed the room and found the location to be convenient. I apologize for any inconveniences and will certainly share them with my team so we can continue to find opportunities for future improvement.
Hopefully we'll see you back and all the best for safe travels.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had occasion to go to New York to attend some concerts. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Secaucus across the Hudson River in New Jersey. Very nice hotel. Comfortable. From check-in to check-out the staff were pleasant, quite engaging and helpful. Room was very nice. Our rate included Wifi, free parking across the street and breakfast. We parked the car for the length of our stay and focused on going to New York City.

There is a New Jersey Transit bus (#320) that departs from near the hotel heading to New York. Only takes 20 minutes to the 42 St -Port Authority Bus Terminal. Welcome to NYC. Same bus home.

Bus fare is $4.25 or $1.95 for children and seniors. There is a kiosk in the bus shelter where you can buy all the tickets you will need. Cash or credit card. The area around the hotel has restaurants and shopping (Harmon Meadow). For sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LetsGo333
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and choosing the Holiday Inn Secaucus.
My dedicated Team and I are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and found the location to be convenient to NYC. After the concert, hopefully you had time to enjoy the many restaurants and bars located in our backyard.
Looking forward to seeing you back and again, my genuine "thank you" for posting the fine review.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect spot. Close to NYC easy bus right in from of the hotel takes 20 mins to port authority. Friendly staff and awesome shopping plaza with food bar and other shopping at walking distance. Good breakfast compare to other hotels that i have stayed around. Highly recommended and 15 mins to EWR.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Shivdeep,
Thank you for sharing your valued experience!!!
My Team and I genuinely appreciate the sincere / honest feedback and the fantastic recommendation. Your so right, the hotel has a excellent location, surrounded by several restaurants, bars, shops and a cinema complex. Hopefully you enjoyed your trip to the Big Apple and we'll see you back again in the near future.
Again, "thank you" and all the best for safe travels.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Just came back from a week holidays in New York city. This hotel was excellent! Perfectly situated, it has many restaurants to choose from within wlaking distance. More importantly, there is a bus stop just a one minute walk away that takes you straight to down town NY city in about 15 minutes. The hotel staff is extremely accomodating and the service is excellent. This is our second stay there and we will surely return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Gilles,
Thank you for sharing your experience!!!
My Team and I are pleased you enjoyed your visit and found the location to be perfect for your trip to the Big Apple. Hopefully we'll see you back for your Third visit.
Again, "thank you" and all the best for safe travels.