“Great Hotel and Great Location”

Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a very, very nice hotel. It is located at the mall area in Secaucus. It is perfect for trips to NYC to catch a play, concert, or do tourist stuff. The 320 bus stops right out front and takes you to the Port Authority in 15 minutes for $8.50 round trip. There is free parking across the street from the hotel. The rooms are very nice with upgraded beds and linens. There is a nice coffee shop and restaurant on the first floor including a bar. There are also several restaurants within a 5 minute walk. The employees were very nice as well. I would highly recommend this hotel especially if your plans include going in the city.

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank gonefishing85
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

WOW!!!...."thank you" for the 5-Star review.
My Team and I are extremely pleased you enjoyed your visit and we exceeded your every expectation. Your so right, the location is fantastic for a quick in and out to the Big Apple and the huge array of bars, restaurants and shops...right out our backdoor. I'm pleased you enjoyed the plush bedding and newly REFRESHED guestrooms.
Looking forward to seeing you back and again, a big "thank you" from the Secaucus Meadowlands Holiday Inn Team!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I stayed here for just short of a week for business, so really was an eat-and-sleep location. I found the housekeeping not great - after my first night, the way in which my bathroom was cleaned wasn't very good. Additionally, some of my colleagues were given 2 bottles of water, some of us weren't. My glass of tap water next to my bed didn't once get moved or replaced in 7 nights. Rooms were big, and beds were comfortable, but once again - housekeeping didn't even properly straighten the fitted sheet each morning. That said, the concierge was very helpful

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Joydrop,
Thank you for sharing your valued experience!
I'm pleased to know you enjoyed the plush bedding and found the staff to be warm and friendly. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and will certainly share your comments with my Team. Complimentary bottled water is placed in all rooms located on the Executive Level which are floors 7 & 8.
Again, "thank you" for sharing your feedback and looking forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel wasn't bad. Bed was comfy, we had a king. No view from the room but that was okay. Breakfast was a disaster. We didn't have a voucher, not sure how to get those but it was $16 per person. Food wasn't bad, but there was one woman running the whole show. We stood at the desk to be seated and no one came over. Went to the front desk and he told us to go over to the bar. We did, still we weren't seated. We ended up seating ourselves but there were only a couple of clean tables left. Most unoccupied ones were still dirty. The waitress came over and asked us if we had vouchers and then the price. We were able to charge to the room. Make sure you get a to go cup of coffee to make the price worth it.

What really made this not a four star experience is the wake up call we didn't ask for at 7 am. We didn't have to be anywhere until at least 10, so being woken up at 7 was a bit frustrating. I'm not sure where this came from but it was uncalled for.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience!
I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your visit however I sincerely apologize for the unexpected wake-up call. Our full American Breakfast buffet is included in specific room packages when the reservation is made, I'm glad you enjoyed it along with "coffee to go".
Again, sorry for the early wake-up call and hopefully you'll keep us in mind for a future reservation.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights prior to a Bermuda cruise.

It is set in a courtyard atmosphere with several restaurants within walking distance.

Within a couple of minutes driving is a Panera Bread, Wal-Mart etc...

Complimentary parking is roughly a 2-3 walk away from the hotel. There is a closer option for $15 a day. Your choice.

The best surprise was the NJ Transit bus stop to the right of the hotel. I think it was $4.25 per person, which you can purchase tickets at the machine at the bus stop. You are one of the first stops and afterwards it stops at the "Park&Ride". (No 24 hr parking there we checked)
Next stop is the Port Authority Bus Terminal on 8th ave. Roughly a couple of blocks from "Times Square". The buses are two seats on both sides, not your typical City Bus. They seem to got about every half hour. Without traffic it was about a 20 ride in via the Lincoln tunnel. With heavy traffic maybe close to an hour.

There is no breakfast included however there is a restaurant in the hotel.

Rooms were spacious, and quiet.

They have a washer and dryer that we used, which is very convenient. You can purchase detergent at the front desk. It cost $2 for the washer and $2 for the dryer. (Uses Quarters)

I would stay here again. We got a great rate on Priceline.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback.
I'm pleased you enjoyed the hotel and found the location to be convenient. All visitors love the convenience of the many restaurants, and especially the bus stop.
I'm glad you had the time to explore the Big Apple and hopefully had a fantastic trip to Bermuda.
Looking forward to seeing you back!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Stayed here this past weekend with my husband while visiting friends in the area. This hotel is far better than your typical Holiday Inn and certainly on the same level as a Hilton or Marriott. Looks like the rooms were just renovated and the beds are fantastic. The staff couldn't of been more helpful and friendly. they took the time to recommend a few of the many restaurants located behind the hotel, we had a great dining experience at Outback and visit Cups for some yogurt. We didn't have time for breakfast but there is a Starbucks located right in the lobby.
We will definitely be back again and again!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms on the 7 and 8 floors have views of New York City.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Kevin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you for the lovely review!!!
My Team and I are pleased we exceeded your expectations and made your visit memorable.
Looking forward to having you back and all the best for a safe Summer!