Free cancellation until 28/07
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$ 151
US$ 145
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$ 159
US$ 132
Red Roof
US$ 148
CandlewoodSuites
Courtyard by Marriott Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$ 232
US$ 182
Priceline
US$ 187
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree parking across the streetnew yorkthe busharmon meadowsinto nycmovie theaterport authorityper dayhotel shuttlefitness centerbeds were very comfortablerestaurants and shopsbusiness tripoutback steakhousetimes squareeasy access to nycdunkin donuts
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The hotel seems renovated, room are pleasant, clean, comfortable with complementary WiFi. Breakfast was standard. The shuttle service is high valued, on time and for free. The only downside was the parking fee`s (13$ per day).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Od3d: Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate your nice comments about the WiFi and overall hotel amenities.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

Chris Floyd

Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel is lovely. The lady who checked us in, Holly, was delightful. Prompt, attentive, she was just great. After returning from NYC ball drop New Years Eve our room smelled of smoke. My daughter is highly allergic. There were no open rooms, so we were stuck in our non smoking room, directly ABOVE the smoking room of some heavy, and up all night, smokers. I asked to be notified asap so we could change rooms. Finally fell asleep at 6 am with coughing child. Nobody called or even left a nite to call us. We slept until around one, and had to call down again about room switch. Finally moved to below smoking floor around 330. Whole day pretty much blown, but tried to salvage it. Went into city, but had to return four hours later, daughter could hardly breathe. Ended up at ER at two am. She had an asthma attack brought in by the smoke, and stayed in hospital until almost morning. Still, no management at hotel to speak to...ALL management on vacation. The hotel told guest services that someone could help me at 7 am next morning. Low and behold..no help. Poor Holly, the lovely girl who checked us in, was left to try and locate any management until almost noon. She did offer the room to us as long as we needed into afternoon. Finally, he manager called me. She was rude, offensive, and totally blew off any responsibility. I even had to wash my daughters clothes on the smoking floor..the only washer is there. She took it under advisement I was told, but we owe you nothing, either pay an additional night it take your sick daughter and leave. She is in no condition to travel, I am literally financially unable to shell out for a night I didn't plan on..nevermind the hospital charge as well as the prescribed medication charges! Then here it comes...she threatens to sue me for the charges if I stay, and hangs up on me. I am floored. manager told me " there is no sign saying it is a 100% smoke free property". I informed her I had shown it to her desk clerk a few hours ago, and taken a photo in case I needed it later. She said I don't think so. Absolutely disrespectful, no empathy whatsoever. Holly upon hearing this refuses to put us out, it bill me. She even assures me that my cash deposit will be returned. Great I tell her, I need it for extras on the way home. It costs to eat and such an extra day. So here I sit, waiting for them to attempt to charge my card ( it won't go through) or kick me out if the room or sonething if the manager gets wind of Holly being human. When I get home I will search until an attorney takes this case. I am furious. I was belittled, insulted, threatened, and Hung up on, after their pour layout sickened my child. Never ever will I ever stay in another Holiday Inn brand. Consider my Priority Club card cut in two. My thanks to Holly, and the wonderful driver who took us to the hospital, and the desk clerk the evening of Jan 1. Other than that I encountered no staff with mentioning.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank liberalblond1
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I stayed here for one night while on business and really don't have anything good or bad to say about it. There is plenty of free parking on the upper level of the parking garage across the street but it is a block away and outside. You can have your car vallet parked for $13. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable but there was a bit of noise from outside the room as well as from the a/c unit in the room. The wifi in the room worked very well. I did find the staff to be friendly and helpful; check in and check out were quick and easy. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant here; I ordered a turkey club and it was aweful. As far as the value goes I thought $200 a night was kind of stiff but it's probably in line with the hotels in the area being as it's so close to NYC.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear JerseyGuy05: Thank you for posting a review on this important forum for travelers. i appreciate your candidness. We're glad you enjoyed the comfortable and clean room, i will let our staff know about your comments. In regards to the information about your experience at our restaurant, I have reviewed your comments with our Chef and entire team. This is not the service or experience we strive for. I'd be glad to speak with you in person about your experience. Reviews like yours are an avenue for us to improve our business.

Chris Floyd

Reviewed 3 December 2011

As a frequent business traveler and Diamond member of another hotel chains' reward, we usually stay at the Embassy Suites in Secaucus. With some trepidation, we booked at the Seacucus Meadowlands Holiday Inn as our usual hotel was booked. The renovated Holiday Inn was indeed a very pleasant surprise. The bar/pub called The Plum was complete redone and has an extesive menu as well as a large selection of draft beers as well as micro-brews served in a very cozy and upbeat setting. Prices are affordable. The room was well appointed and large, clean, with very comfortable beds, with a choice of hard and soft pillows.

The location close to many dining options is a very big plus. Service is very warm and attentive, which is something sorely missing at the pricier Embassy Suites next door.

I will make a point of staying in this hotel from now on when in the Secaucus area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thanks Jetdriver01 for your review and recommendation. I am pleased that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your business stay! I will pass along your comments regarding the Urban Plum to Chef Jeff Heffner as he strives to offer interesting and affordable selections. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Yours truly,
Michelle Giovanni, General Manager

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I booked my stay using Priority Club PointBreaks which was a good value for staying near NYC during our holiday (It was our first visit to US and NYC).
The check in was fast and staff was helpful. The room was large, comfortable, clean with refrigerator and microwave oven.
Location is very good - close to Manhattan (about 20 minutes by New Jersey Transit bus #320, bus stop is one block from hotel).
Surroundings are pleasant, calm, safe. Walmart and BestBuy superstores are within walking distance.
Local free shuttle service is available to Secaucus Junction Train Station (weekdays morning and evening), stop is near Hyatt hotel: http://www.ezride.org/2-1-3-Schedules/1-1-3-Sched-HarmonMeadow.html
Newark Liberty Airport is a half hour drive by taxi (we used http://www.secaucustaxi.com , it cost 30 USD to get to airport)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family