“Absolutely beautiful, would highly recommend!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands

Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
paradise
“Absolutely beautiful, would highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during Intergroom 2011. This hotel is very dog friendly which is great for the Intergroom competitors and their pups! This hotel is one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever stayed in and I am a neat freak and germaphobe!. I was never so comfortable away from home in my whole life. Clean, comfortable, good price, nice bar and restaurant...very friendly and helpful staff. Did I mention the mattresses......heavenly!! Will be back again!! Thank you staff for a great, comfortable stay.

The Clarkes,
NL, Canada

Room Tip: 20 minutes by bus to the Big Apple!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KellyAnn88, Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Thanks Wslarke for taking the time to write your wonderful review and recommendation!

It’s great to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us while attending Intergroom. Our team strives to make you right at home and I will pass along your comments. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Truly yours,

Ron Droegmyer, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel from 4/1 to 4/3/2011. Two of us split the charges between three credit cards. The hotel clerk double charged one card, but refunded that amount to another card, which I didn't realize until after I called to ask them to fix the double charge. The manager said that the funds had been returned immediately, that I should have seen then already, and that my bank might have to fax information over. He had actually begun trying to fix it, and inadvertantly charged my debit card more than $600 in the process. Over the last few days, it's been a fight to get my money back. I've talked to the manager, the controllor, and called the corporate office, The regional supervisor today said he would try to sort it out. I will NEVER stay at this Holiday Inn again. It's been a week, and they still have more than $1,000 of my funds tied up....when I was only supposed to pay $80.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KellyAnn88, Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me personally so we could resolve the issue. It’s never our intention to inconvenience a guest in this manner and we’ve taken steps in our Front Desk training to ensure mistakes like these do not happen. I’m glad we both came to a good resolution and we look forward to seeing again soon!

Truly yours,
Ron Droegmyer, General Manager
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

A good choice. Room was recently renovated and showed well. Clean, although the hallway did smell like smoke, even though all the rooms were non-smoking. We arrived very early (9am) and very few rooms were ready since the hotel was full the night before. A manager gave us complimentary coupons for the breakfast buffet that was still going on. A rare example of "above and beyond" in todays world. Lots of restaurants, plus a movie theatre nearby. Food at the hotel good, but pricey as expected. Best fitness center I've ever seen in a hotel. High quality equipment and a weight bench.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

This is a great location and a good value. The rooms have been remodeled and are comfortable. Several room doors have been cut to short and allows noise from the hallway to filter through. The exercise room is very nice and very spacious. Free parking is one block away. Valet is 13.00 per day.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel twice in the last two weeks.

The first week, the one elevator was not working for either day I was there. It was fixed for my second week.

The room was very nice with a nice new HD TV. Unfortunately, the channels are SD.

The beds are comfortable and it was quiet.

What is not good is the wi-fi. When I ran a speed test, the best I got was around 150 kbps which would not likely be considered "high speed" by most people. The upload speed was around 400 kbps. Although I was able to check email fine, anything with video was unusable and Skype would work for about 5-10 seconds before it became unusable. I would almost wonder if they have found a way to degrade Skype communication. To me, this makes the hotel a nightmare to stay at. Being from Canada, I have to pay $1.45/minute on my cell phone and the hotel charges $3.00 per minute to use their phone (plus surcharges). I was unable to call anyone on Skype because the call quality was so horrible I could not understand them and they could understand me.

This occurred both weeks I was there and the hotel was not very full on either visit. I tried Skype in the morning and evening and the same so I do not believe it was due to lots of heavy use.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business