See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The 4 story hotel is 1 block from the north end of the boardwalk. There are a few parking spaces by the small pool on the western side of the building & a lot around back to the south. The outdoor metal stairs have been through a lot but the black paint is fresh, no peeling. The pool is mostly in the shade.

When we arrived for the off season there was a note on the office door with a phone #. The owner / manager apparently lives in the house next door.

They are strict about the no early check in policy & check out is early: 10:00 a.m.

Upon entering the room, it had that typical Jersey shore motel smell. The room had a tile floor & 2 double beds with ugly brown patterned bed spreads. The sheets were while, cool, crisp & clean. The pillows were thin; even using the set from the other bed there was not a lot of support. The bed itself was a cheap, thin, uncomfortable mattress; I could feel every spring & as a result did not sleep well.

There was a small refrigerator & a tiny microwave. We were given 2 folding chairs & a small round table.

Some updates had been made to the room. Bathfitters put a fiberglass overlay on the tub / shower. The sink had a new top. A nice flowery border abutted the ceiling in the bedroom area. The main mirror seemed new. Unfortunately, we were not provided with bath towels and the fan attached to the light in the bathroom was ungodly noisy.

Although the door to the room was painted a bright blue which offered a cheerful pop of color in the room, the door itself was too small for the frame. There was a gap of about ¼ inch between the door & the frame. It must be either freezing or very hot depending on the extreme temperatures. More importantly, it made me not trust the deadbolt. The door rattled in the wind. We had the chain on but I was not fully convinced that someone couldn’t break in if they were determined. I propped one of the chairs under the door handle for some extra protection / warning if somebody had been trying to get in. Nobody did try but I felt uneasy.

It was fine for the one night we were there. We appreciated being allowed to park before we could check in & after we checked out but I don’t guarantee that privilege would be afforded on a weekend in the height of summer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I viewed pictures on this site taken by someone who stayed here. These pictures were HORRIBLE and would have kept me away. I had already booked and went by the reviews there. This is the closest to beach and boardwalk that I could find at a reasonable price. Yes, it could use a facelift. My husband and I rented three rooms so two of our adult children and husbands could be with us. We enjoyed our three day stay very much. Kris, the manager is kept so busy doing everything he can for the guests that he makes his cell phone number available in case you can't find him in the office. This is not a 5 star hotel, or even 4 star, but then again, compare the price and don't expect that! I give it a 3, not for décor, but for location and the wonderful manager. We plan to go back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank RDTandGill
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I sought refugee at the Four Winds Motel after a disastrous encounter with another motel in the area. The on-site manager went out of their way to show us the room and make sure it was satisfactory to our needs before booking. The room was spacious, clean, air conditioned, had a microwave, mini fridge, and seating area. The service we received here was top-notch, all questions were answered, and interaction between on-site manager and guests was pleasant and inviting.

The location is perfect, three blocks to the beach and nightlife, pharmacy, grocery and eateries close by.

Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I don't know where to begin we previously stayed at this motel many years ago and it was great. Big mistake. Upon our arrival no one was in the office because the manager (I'm assuming that's who is was) was trying to get the drunk kids that were around the pool area and first floor rooms to turn down the very loud music. Btw it was 2 in the afternoon. He gave me swipe card for the room that didn't work. Every time we came in or out of our room we had to pass the drunks and they imitated us walking and made us feel very uncomfortable. Also no space to walk around them. In the morning the place was filthy cups, bottles drinks spilled on the floor even a bed pillow was on the floor. I will never go back. If you want to party this is the place for you. The room was clean but very dated. Sink was very slow in the bathroom. Couldn't go in the pool because of the drunks throwing water bottles across the pool area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lcar6
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Essentially had drunk teens on my floor who were screaming smoking pot and knocking on doors during middle of night.

Do not go as we could not sleep due to drunken yelling and screaming.I thought manager would have under control but it was not.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple