“Disgusting, and awful”

Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Ottawa, Canada
“Disgusting, and awful”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I went to this motel in New Jersey with a girlfriend, and we ended up here after aimlesly driving around looking for the most decent motel from the outside for a one night stay. When we went in to ask if they had room for us the man at the front desk seemed very nice and pleased to hear that we were Canadians and told us that we would get a suite room for a low price of 90$. We were excited and reserved. Then we went to the car to get our bags and had to drag them up an outside set of stairs that felt like they were going to fall apart at any minute, and nobody offered to help us. We noticed that our door had the look of being kicked in in the past, and the lock was not very secure at all. The room was disgusting, the "suite" that we had been promised was a room with stained floors, and one couch, and a very old smelly microwave, then a bedroom with two beds, with mismatched pillows, mattresses, and bedding. The pillows had some sort of mould on them and the mattresses were clearly stained. The bathroom was filthy, stained, and there was mould and mildew all over the place, there was also no towels, which seems to be something of necessity in a beach motel. My friend and I decided we did not feel safe here and we packed up quickly and went back to the front desk to ask for a refund. The same man who checked us in 20 minutes prior said he had no recollection of us, and could not give us a refund, he was rude and haste with us. He told us he was a part time policeman, and he would see if anyone tried to break into our room.. highly doubtful, since he was sitting at a desk inside.. I have never been more disgusted with a place or a person for that fact. The hotel was filthy, disgusting, and repulsive. NEVER GO HERE!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank s_mckinley08
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oakhurst, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I wouldnt even give this place a 1 star review. It was horrible! No hot water, furniture falling apart Vomit or urine on the mattress's a bug in the bed, food in the couch, bathroom sink falling off the wall, toilet didnt flush. The lady at the desk was very very rude!!! You may think the price was right but I wouldnt send my worst enemy here!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MarCing80

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Hey a couple of friends and I booked 2 rooms to stay in this motel this weekend coming up. It was a last minute thing and it was the cheapest place we found. I'm actually scared to stay here now after reading all these horrible reviews. So I was just wondering if there's a specific floor or room that's pretty decent. If so let me know please. Thank you

• Stayed August 2011
Totowa
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This place hasn`t been upgraded since probably the 70,s. We got our room at 12, everything seemd ok. We droppped our stuff in the room and went to the beach. We returned at around 5 to shower and go eat. It was then that we realized there was no hot water, after letting it run 15 minutes, the toilet had poop floating in it, and when we flushed it, it wouldn`t go down. The toilet seat wasn`t even attached to the bowl. I went to the front desk to complain, and the lady handed me a plunger and said, hey, it`s just one night, I can`t fix it myself. The toilet never did go down, so we had to use the bathroom in an arcade. The room had no smoke detector, the tv had no remote and just basic channels, the sink was about to collapse in the sagging counter, and the mattresses were like a handful of springs in a burlap sack. As if this wasn`t enough, while I was trying to get wifi on my laptop, fleas were jumping all over the screen. At first I didn`t believe my wife when she said something kept biting her legs, but now I did. We went to the desk and were told we should not have taken the room if we didn`t like it, but she "ain`t refunding nothing" We left without staying the night. We`ll see how American Express backs us on this one.
I wouldn`t even reccomend this to a bunch of frat guys.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Totowa1
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Very clean, friendly service. Every time the employees saw me or my boyfriend, they would call us by our first names. Originally we planned on staying for 3 nights, but since everything went well we stayed an extra night, which we were only charged half price since we were great guests. Close to karma & bamboo which was great because we could walk back after being out late. Less then 5 minute walk to the boardwalk, it's located in a friendly safe area. We definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple