“Simple but clean”
Review of Buoy 16 Motel

Buoy 16 Motel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This was our second trip to this hotel. The location cannot be beat! Two brothers operate the hotel and seem to have a real concern about how comfortable we were.
The furniture is very dated but the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean but without amenities such as shampoo. It is nice to have a small refrigerator too. We got our two beach passes as part of our room rate. The air conditioning worked great. We like it here and will continue to return every year.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Idgypie

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I had a really great time here. we stayed for 3 days in one of the rooms upstairs. we have come to Seaside before and stayed at not so nice motels but finally we found one we are comfortable with. It is very clean and the owners were very nice. The location was also perfect we were right in front of the boardwalk like 2 or 3 minutes away. We loved it here and we will definetley be back every summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kellysitter
Reviewed 26 July 2011

If all you want is a location by a great boardwalk, this is it... you are right next to the boardwalk, and have free parking, even if your car may be blocked in... BUT...
We booked, based on PREVIOUS good reviews. The rooms look so nice on line-not so...It was so DARK, we could not read in the room- no overhead light, and one rusted out bedside lamp. Better not to see how dingy.. The towels are flimsy (only 2 provided). THere is no bath, only a shower. Room 2 is right on the street, so the boardwalk crowd spills over, really loud, right outside your window.
The "maid" did not make the beds on 2 days, or vaccuum, yet there is a scrawled envelope on the mirror "tips for the maid"!
There was no microwave, but who would want to eat in a dark room.. Stay away!!! FInd a nicer place where they do not lie to you, and actually clean your room...I guess the biggest mistake we made was not reading their reviews. Now I am reading these and everyone is rigth. This is the worse place you could stay. We checked out th next day. Its funny how they told us in all their years there noone has ever cancel on them, as I am reading, it seems like we are # 10000000. Please do not stay here, this place is garbage.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My fiance and I came down to get away well didn't feel like that at all. Our room was facing the street and a bar right in our view. Between the bar loud music and the ac loud as can be we did not sleep at all. The owners were everywhere you turned and after a while it was getting on my case. Definetly is not the best of all of seaside it is the worse, oh and beach passes the owner had no idea what we were talking about for a good five minutes and finally figured out we needed to leave. Fifty dollars for a security deposit.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The location was perfect; right across from the boardwalk. That was the only plus. The room where I stayed was disgustingly filthy. I chose this motel because other comments said the room was clean. This was not the case. The carpets were stained; the pillows were yellow and the mattress pad had small particles that I don't even what to imagine what from - yuck!!!. The bathroom was very basic and surprisingly clean compared to the room. The room had a musty, smoking odor that linger in your clothes and hair. I had reserved the room for two nights and checked out a day earlier because I could not stand the filth and odor of that room. Their website mentioned that they had maid service and complementary beach tags. No maid service and beach tags required a security deposit. It is evident that the owners of this motel need to be honest on how they portray their Motel. I would never ever stay here again. And, I hope with my feedback I will save you from choosing Buoy 16 Motel as your choice for lodging. For $115 a night; I expected a modest clean room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family