“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rochelle Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

we loved the environment there and bus service was very near to this hotel to times square.morning breakfast was good we enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arvi369
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Stayed here for one night for a quick visit to the area, and concluded that this place had the best fit for location and value. I'm pretty sure I made the right choice.

The non-smoking room had two beds, full bath, phone, AC, microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer, iron & board, coffee maker, radio alarm clock, and TV with 88 channels. Free amenities included parking, wifi, hot breakfast buffet, pool, exercise room, and two PC's in the lobby. The room was clean and well-maintained. Staff was professional.

Motel is located right off Exit 160 of the Garden State Parkway. Several highways intersect in this region, so you will definitely need a map to get there if (like us) you happen to miss the exit. It is NOT a simple matter of getting off at the next exit and coming back, as most exits on these highways do NOT have a way to easily turn around. After missing the exit, we got off at the very next one, then, even WITH a map, we spent 20 minutes trying to return to this street. Between traffic, signs that told us nothing, and turns that seemed like good ideas but actually just got us more lost, it was not a pleasant effort to go back less than a mile.

The motel is just a few blocks from a major mall. Other than that, the area is a place to spend the night while you spend your days going some place else. New York City (the obvious choice) looks close on the map, but the simple fact is that thousands of people are doing exactly that every morning, and returning every night. Thus, you will expend a fair amount of time and effort to get there. If you're visiting NYC, I recommend you spend the extra money, or give up size or amenities, and stay on Manhattan.

But if, like us, you actually are visiting someplace in the area, this is an excellent choice based on value and nearness to freeways.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Serra Negra, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Ok I booked this hotel because I knew the area and needed something cheap, and with easy access to NYC via public transportation, but that also had a parking facility.

Rooms were clean service was good and I really don´t know what the other people are complaining about in the other reviews. The hotel itself it kind of old and needs some work, but nothing major. An old carpet here, some torn wallpaper there, but keep in mind the price that you are paying. It has a bus stop right on the corner which you can take to Port Authority bus terminal that is GREAT! It´s the 163 or 164 NJ transit bus. Fare is about 4,25 each way.

Now some people complained about noise at night and that is true, ONE night some other guests were kind of loud, but nothing that made me loose any sleep.

You even get a free breakfast in the morning which is pretty OK as well. I was expecting nothing for the price. You can get a fresh waffle, some juice, coffee and other things which they offer from 6am to 9 am if I remember correctly.

Room was clean, sheets and pillow cases were clean and changed daily. Bathroom amenities were also very good, with just a little wear and tear to the shower ceiling.

Other advantage is that there is a 24h Shoprite just a block away and the Garden state plaza mall is also just a block away. Very easy to walk to.

So to end this review I would recomend this hotel to anyone who is on a budget. And just wants someplace clean and cheap to stay at.

I will be staying there again in July with my GF so she can get to know NYC, as hotel prices in the city are outrageous and anything cheaper has a SHARED bathroom and thats a BIG NO NO in my book.

Oh and before I forget there is FREE WIFI which was pretty good, and they also have some computers in the lobby that are free to use. FREE things in the NYC area are very rare!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jmacina
Derry, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

I was driving back to NH from North Carolina and stopped at this hotel after 10 + hours on the road. Upon check in, I could not clearly understand the host as he had a very strong accent. He had me sign my reservation and rate and then just handed me a key with a number on it. I had to ask him where the room was located as he did not want to inform me on his own. The kids wanted to go swimming, but the pool closed up on our arrival. When we awoke the next morning, we had to try and find the complimentary breakfast as they had not informed us of this as well. The kids wanted to go swimming after breakfast, so they got their suits on and we walked down to the pool. To our surprise the pool door was locked. We went to the front desk and they informed us the pool was under maintenance. Apparently this must have slipped their mind when I checked in as they did not tell us this.

The rooms were great and the brekafast was hot. I just cant believe a hotel would take my money and not inform me of the pool. They did not want to give a discount or anything. Just a note for future guests, CALL AHEAD TO MAKE SURE THE AMENITIES ARE WHAT THEY SHOULD BE.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sullivan76
Milltown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

I stayed at the Ramada Rochelle Park in July. Although I live in NJ, approximately an hour from the hotel, I needed to be somewhere very early one Saturday morning and decided it would be best to spend the night close to the venue... especially since the rate was affordable (approximately $97, including taxes for a Friday night). The room had a refrigerator, which was perfect for me since I had brought my own food. The internet was free and I didn't experience any connectivity issues. The bathroom and the room were clean. I'm a germophobe and neat freak so I anticipated that it wasn't going to meet my expectations, but it honestly wasn't bad at all. In fact, when I arrived at my room, it smelled like cleaner (such as bleach)... but after a few minutes, I hardly noticed the smell anymore.

If you are on vacation and looking for something fancy, this wouldn't be the place as it lacks all the bells and whistles someone might expect from a "nice" hotel... but if you accept it for what it is (in my case: a clean place to "crash" for the night), then you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
11.2 km away
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 3 in Carlstadt

Been to Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK