“Best tasting ever!!!”

Unionville Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Ringoes
More attraction details
Owner description: Award-winning wines. Warm and gracious staff. The flag bearer for New Jersey's burgeoning wine industry. Come visit the best kept secret on the east coast. Open for tastings and sales 7 days a week, noon to five pm. Tours are offered weekends at 2:30pm. A great venue for our events and for your special events. White Wines: Chardonnays, Pinot Grigio, Viognier, Dessert Wine, Dry & Regular Riesling, a Marsanne-Roussanne blend, and a blend combining Riesling, Pinot Grigio, and Gewurtzraminer. Red Wines: Pinot Noir, Syrah, a Bordeaux style blend of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon, Counoise, a Pinot Noir based blend, a red blush, and a couple Ports.
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Betsy did an amazing job with our tasting. She was very informed on all the wines!!!! Definitely the best tasting we had all day!!!!

All reviews
"local wineries"
"great variety of wines"
"a lot of fun"

Reviewed 31 August 2017

At the recommendation of a friend and aficionado, I visited Unionville Vineyards last Sunday. Very nice place and well-balanced wines. But what made this one of the most enjoyable winery visits ever (and I go to plenty of them) was the attractive and attentive pourer Lauren. She was truly awesome. Besides pouring us samples of anything we wanted to try, she was super helpful and knowledgeable and also a great promoter of the vineyard. She truly made this visit special. Thank you and KUDOS for a great job, Lauren. I recommend you ask for her on your visit to Unionville.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My boyfriend and I visited Unionville Vineyards yesterday afternoon. It is a bit off the beaten path and you think you are getting lost or never going to get there...but eventually you do. Very beautiful home on the property that I later found out hosts weddings. Inside was nice and I liked that there were several staff members available for tastings not one or two like some wineries I have been too and the tasting takes 5 hours. The tasting itself costs $10.00 per person which I do have to say is a bit pricier than most of the local wineries I have been to here in North Jersey but for 8 wine picks I did not feel it was unreasonable. Our "wine expert" was fantastic. I wish I could remember her name but she was very welcoming, upbeat and well versed. She gave us a history on the vineyard and was very detailed in the descriptions of each wine. (Honestly, even if she had not been--the menu was extremely detailed and I have not been to a winery who used that much printed detail to describe their wines). Fields of Fire, Eureka Riesling, and The Big O Red Montage were some of our favorites. After our tasting, we bought cheese and crackers and a bottle of wine and were able to go outside and sit on the picnic tables. My only suggestion would be to consider that if people do purchase a bottle of wine to allow them to keep the glasses. we had to pay $11.00 to keep them. Not a deal breaker and I understand being a manager myself in the hotel business that nothing is really free but maybe if people purchase a minimum amount, or a particular wine they get the glasses included. Again, not a huge deal but would be an added bonus if considered for future. Overall, a fantastic day and great service.

John C, General Manager at Unionville Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

AB, I'm glad you had a wonderful experience, and appreciate the effort we put into hospitality and education. I really liked the line about your trip here- "you think you are never going to get there...but eventually you do." That describes the pastoral setting pretty well!

Regarding the glasses. As far as I know, we are the only winery in the region serving our wines in crystal stems. We pay over $3 a piece for them. When you consider how many break or are stolen...well, hopefully you see that we are just trying to cover our cost on them.

I hope you'll visit again soon. I have a glass with your name on it, just ask for me.
-John Cifelli, GM

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Unionville leads the way in dispelling the myth that New Jersey cannot compete with the big wine regions. Their Bordeaux style red blends and single vineyard varietals will knock your socks off. Sitting in the hills of Hunterton County, Unionville is an inviting, friendly destination. I hate to call them the staff, but every single person there is passionate about the Winery/Vineyards. And they all really seem to enjoy working there. The tasting room is comfortable and you can buy by the bottle or glass and wander or sit at the picnic tables. Buy a cheese tray or bring a picnic basket. This is a gem not to be missed.

1  Thank Rich M
John C, General Manager at Unionville Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Rich,
Your observation that everyone who works here is passionate and enjoys it is very gratifying. We work hard to nurture a culture of wine enthusiasm, both on our team and within our patrons. I do, in fact, pinch myself at least once a week when I roll up the driveway to my "place of work." Thank you for spending some time with us recently, come back soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Went as a group of six for wine tasting. There was a large outside seating area under a tent where you can relax and eat food from the food trucks. I'm not big on eating greasy or generally less healthy food from the trucks but there were a lot of people patronizing the three food trucks. Inside the barn like building you can do wine tasting. I didn't catch the price of the tasting because one of our party members paid in advance while we were still under the tent outside. The tasting was a lot of fun and very informative. Our server was Lauren who had a fantastic personality and made the tasting even more enjoyable. While I really enjoyed the tasting, I did not purchase any wine. We drink mostly red wines and I found most of their reds to be dry, a wine characteristic I'm not impressed with. I would return for another tasting as it was an enjoyable experience.