“Consistently Delicious!”
Review of Cafe 37

Cafe 37
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe 37 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 138 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Previously a Thai restaurant...has been opened about 3 weeks...EXCELLENT FOOD and SERVICE
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Late Friday night dinner - amazing kale salad w awesome dressing feta grapefruit - so refreshing - freshly baked dinner rolls w olives parm cheese- wonderful ravioli - and fantastic filet mignon - service is top notch - great menu - easier place for conversation than some other Ridgewood restaurants - highly recommend- consistently great service and food

Cafe37RidgewoodNJ, Owner at Cafe 37, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Imshlsras,

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant.

We are very appreciative for your positive words and to see that you had a great time visiting us! Your review will be forwarded to our staff, so that they can all take a moment to recognize your words of encouragement and compliments.

Please feel free to visit us at anytime! We look forward to serving you again, soon

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We recently enjoyed the Prix Fixe on a Tuesday evening. My husband and I both thought the menu had an unusual number of choices for a prix fixe (four courses). My husband had the filet and I had the tuna and both were excellent. Since there were four courses, I had plenty to eat and was satisfied at the end of the meal. It's BYOB like many restaurants in Ridgewood. We thought the space had been well designed to be cozy and well lit. Service was perfect - attentive, not too hovering. Overall, a great dining experience.

Cafe37RidgewoodNJ, Owner at Cafe 37, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Diane,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We really appreciate that you took time to share your experience with other customers.
Have a wonderful day. Hope to see you again soon!

Cesar Sotomayor, Chef/Owner

Reviewed 6 January 2018

When this restaurant first opened my friend and I tried it. The restaurant was empty and they sat us -two women in the back and did not give us a menu. We left.
I heard from friends that they were here and liked it so we went with another couple tonight for a second chance.
We got there first and when my friends arrived the Woman in the front could not find the reservation and started to turn them away. The wait staff were excellent but the same woman at the door was cleaning the table before we were through and started to even remove the wine bottle with wine in it as though there were several people waiting for the table. In fact ther was no one waiting. She was not trained to be courteous and allow people to finish their dinner before they finished.
The scallop portion was meager as someone else wrote in their review and they tasted fishy. This restaurant is pricey and we expected better.

3  Thank UNHAPPYANDHUNGRY222
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The food here is delicious and presented nicely. The service was good and not bothersome. The only complaint was when we ordered a scallop dish there was too little food, 5 small scallops and not much else, this must be improved.

Cafe37RidgewoodNJ, Owner at Cafe 37, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Glenn, thank you, this is certainly a wonderful review for us. I'm so glad you enjoyed the food and service you received. We will definitely take your review in consideration.

Thanks for taking the time to send in this review.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We got a last-minute, same-day reservation at Cafe 37 due to people cancelling reservations to watch the Yankees playoff game. For once, Ridgewood wasn't insanely busy and we easily found parking on the same block as the restaurant.

Service was wonderful. We enjoyed the amuse and the little platter that was compliments of the chef (though olives are a tough sell in our group). Like most restaurants around here, Cafe 37 is BYOB (why, New Jersey, why?!?) and there is a wine shop across the street.

Everyone ordered fish/seafood. It's so nice to have a menu that offers multiple options for each protein. The fish was perfect and the sides were creative. Dessert was a wonderful treat!

My suggestion: avoid the sidewalk tables since the sidewalk is so narrow.

Cafe37RidgewoodNJ, Owner at Cafe 37, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

What an honor! I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you and your group enjoyed your meal with us. Yes, we are BYOB. The wine shop just across the street is very convenient don't you think? Thank you so much for this great review, it really means a lot to us.

That said, I'm looking forward to your next meal with us.
Cesar Sotomayor, Chef/Owner