“Awesome tasting menu!”

Village Green Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 133 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New American Cuisines. Fine Dinning.
Reviewed 24 June 2017

My fiancee and I were looking for a tasting menu without Manhattan prices, and Village Green Restaurant more than delivered. The vast selection and amazing quality of the food presented before us made me wish there was a "Try everything" option. Our server, Margo, was a figurative font of knowledge and made some awesome recommendations (hint: try the pork belly!). Just so I could have a taste of everything, I would come back here again. And again. And again.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Can't say enough about this quaint classy establishment. Let's begin with the service. Kareem was our guide through our dinning experience. He was informative, polite and knowledgeable of the menu, as matter of fact it seemed like he was preparing the meals.

The dishes were well presented, the colors and textures were perfectly matched. Not only were the meals outrageously delicious but it was "BEAUTIFUL FOOD". I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone who is on a date, family and friends get together or even business meals.

2  Thank Michael Z
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We had a great night out celebrating friends' 50th birthday. We were 4 couples and six of us choose the 5 course menu. The food was delicious. The dishes were served in a very decorative way. All was very tasty. The staff was efficient and friendly. I am from Europe so I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in an establishment that was comparable to a European style of restaurant. That means you are not rushed through your courses, there's time in between, the bill was brought upon our request and not when we were done with our dessert. We could finish our wine in our time. The restaurant doesn't have a license, so we brought our own wine. All in all it was an excellent dinner experience with special friends.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Three of us enjoyed a really good business lunch at the Village Green Restaurant. The building has housed a restaurant under different owners for many years -- my late wife and I became very close to one set of owners 25 years ago, and there were at least two other owners since those days.

The current owners have been there for six years according to our waiter. The luncheon tasting menu is well worth considering. You get a first course, a main course and either a dessert or coffee. Two of us chose the coffee, and all three of us enjoyed our meals.

Service was fast and friendly; the restaurant is beautifully appointed; and cleanliness is excellent including in the men's room.

Total cost $25 each plus tip.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We enjoy delicious high quality meals and service every time we go here, one of the best restaurants in the Ridgewood area by far! The ambience is also very warm and inviting. We've even hosted server private parties here over the years, never disappoints!