“Food”

Village Green Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 133 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New American Cuisines. Fine Dinning.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We were there Saturday night and the food was just delicious I had the pork and my
husband had the home made pasta both dinners were great. Then for desert we just had a cappuccino which was very hot and good because that just tops off the meal.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Above average food prep, very nice décor and excellent service makes for a very enjoyable eating experience.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Simply the best Ridgewood has to offer - and there are a number of good options - Has been a while since we visited, however, pleased to find the experience even better than before - New tasting menu with a variety of creative dishes - all were excellently prepared by chef Kevin - service by Jose was perfect - wonderful meal!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Rare to find a chef who tries so hard to come up with seasonal menus and interesting selections. Have never been disappointed. We love the prix-fixe, a wonderful value for the selection,amount and quality of the food, but the a la carte is also wonderful. We returned recently for Ridgewood Restaurant week, a prix-fixe that was simply fantastic, even with the restaurant full. The trout almondine was superb, as was our friends' boeuf bourguignone. The profiterroles and excellent espresso were a perfect finish. A special place for that special dinner out.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Another night, another restaurant in Ridgewood for their Restaurant Week. So far it has been one hit and one miss and unfortunately tonight was another miss. My daughter and I went to the Village Green Restaurant tonight and when we walked into a completely empty restaurant, except for one other couple, we were shown to the table right next to the front door. I asked for another table as I didn't want to freeze every time the door opened and we were shown to the next worst table, right next to the bathroom. Really? This was a completely empty restaurant and you show two women to the worst two tables in the place. My daughter ordered cauliflower soup and I had a radish and blood orange salad. The other choice was a duck spring roll. The radish salad was very bland and there were two pieces of blood orange the size of my fingernail. My daughter said the soup was just okay. When the waiter came back to check on us, I asked him if there was any bread, as there were bread plates on the table. He indicated that since we ordered off of the restaurant week menu, they were not serving bread. WTF? Are you kidding me, you couldn't give me a piece of bread? We had to sit through dinner staring at our empty bread plates. For an entree, my daughter ordered the Basque chicken which consisted of three tiny pieces of sausage and two pieces of chicken that were approximately one-third of a chicken breast. I had the trout which had a nice flavor but was overcooked. It was served over a bed of plain rice swimming in oil with string beans that were so overcooked, it was like eating twigs. For dessert, my daughter had chocolate mousse which she said was fine and I had profiteroles and ice cream. The profiteroles were so hard that I had to ask for a knife. Profiteroles or cream puffs should not be hard as rocks especially when filled with melted ice cream. The only positive things I can say about this dinner is that there was no upcharge to anything on the menu and the service was great, very professional. We won't be going back.