“Nothing to complain about.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing to complain about.”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Check in was a breeze. Staff were friendly and welcoming - their cookies are really, really seriously tasty.
We had booked two rooms and due to a misunderstanding were booked into only one, which surprisingly wasn't a problem (we are a party of four). We went back down to reception to get the second one which I got all to myself (the guy at reception was really chill - really refreshing when you are used to stiff receptionists).
The room was spacious and comfortable. Barely any noise from the nearby highway. Fast internet was a bonus. Bathroom was average but can't really complain for the price we payed.
A good place to stay while visiting Princeton University, definitely. Not a good place to spend more than a few nights.
Breakfast was below par. Go elsewhere.
And I recommend Pure restaurant for dinner (see my review)

Room Tip: The higher the better. Nice King Beds.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
First, I would like to take the time to extend my gratitude to you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations. We really appreciate your business. I am reaching out to let you know that, here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton, we take guest satisfaction very seriously and take every measure to ensure that every guest ends their stay on a positive note. With that being said, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our front desk staff tries their best to make every guest feel comfortable and right at home.

I noticed that you were not satisfied with our breakfast. Our buffet breakfast offers our guests eggs, breakfast meats, pancakes, waffles, potatoes, bagels, muffins, hot oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, fresh granola, cereal, and more, and I hope that you were able to enjoy all of these options. We also offer an a la carte menu with made-to-order omelets and more.

I really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again! Hope to see you soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Wilkes-Barre PA
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel is located along Route 1. Route 1 is called Brunswick Pike in GPS terms. The area is quiet and is near major corporations and businesses. This is a great spot to stay to attend conferences. There are two shopping areas filled with popular chain restaurants within a five mile radius.
I chose this hotel for the value and great reviews. They were all correct! The customer service is one of the best I have ever experienced for a hotel chain. Our room was very clean and spacious for our family. The pool area was very nice and clean.
On The Bone restaurant is part of the hotel. The great customer service is here too. Price ranges from $12 to $38 for surf and turf. The morning breakfast buffet was very good too.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Rosethesciteachmom
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is a nice hotel in the middle of nowhere (if you don't have a car). But the people were pleasant, the room nice and comfortable. However, the reason this only got a 4 is my wake-up call never came (this should NEVER happen at a hotel) and the shuttle took me to the wrong place for my work (even though I pointed this out to the driver, she insisted she was right and I was wrong-though nicely--but she was wrong and I had to walk a third of a mile with luggage to the correct building). They were appropriately apologetic for the lack of wake-up call. And the Executive Lounge had delicious food and very nice people both a night and in the morning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
First, I would like to take the time to extend my gratitude to you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations. We really appreciate your business. Here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton, we take guest satisfaction very seriously and take every measure to ensure that every guest ends their stay on a positive note.
I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues during your recent stay with us. We have experienced issues in the past with the business listings being incorrect online and some in phone books. Our shuttle drivers do their best to ensure that our guests reach their proper location. I do apologize on behalf of shuttle driver who was working that morning. Your comments have been reviewed with her and we do our best to make sure this does not happen again.
In regards to your wake up call, I would like to apologize again. We have checked and re-checked the system to make sure things like this do not happen again.
I really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again!
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Hotel was overpriced. The shuttle ran to and from Princeton very infrequently, and was full when I wanted to take it, resulting in a $20 cab fare. Internet was expensive (additional cost!) and slow. Lastly, the breakfast looks and tastes like a continental breakfast, but they stick you with a $16.00 bill for going. No good . . .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt M
I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues during your recent stay with us. Our complimentary shuttle schedule has been set at specific times that we have found to be the most accommodating times for our guests and are scheduled around travel time and expected traffic. During your stay with us, we had a group in house that kept our shuttle very busy. This resulted in the majority of our shuttle runs being completely booked. Our complimentary shuttle works on a reservation system and is available to the first 11 people who make a reservation for that specific time. At the time that you inquired about our shuttle, all 11 seats were already reserved. Unfortunately, due to traffic and travel time, we are unable to make additional shuttle runs between the scheduled times.
I would like to let you know that we offer packages that include the internet and/or breakfast at a discounted price. These packages are available through our website or through our call-in reservation system.
I am also sorry to hear that you found our buffet breakfast to be more like a continental breakfast. Our buffet breakfast offers our guests eggs, breakfast meats, pancakes, waffles, potatoes, bagels, muffins, hot oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, fresh granola, cereal, and more, and I hope that you were able to enjoy all of these options. We also offer an a la carte menu with made-to-order omelets and more.
I really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again and take advantage of one of our wonderful packages.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I recently stayed here. Upon check in, I was recognized as a Hilton Honors Diamond member and given an upgraded room. The room was spacious and well appointed. I had continental breakfast in the Executive Lounge. This was one of the best continental breakfast I ever had at the Hilton chain. Jeannette was the hostess and was very friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for recent stay. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and congratulations on your Diamond status! Jeannette is always a delight and a crucial part of the morning for many guests. She will be notified of your kind words, as well as the Chef, who prepares the breakfast in the morning. Thank you again for staying and we will see you soon!