New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Regency Princeton

Hyatt Regency Princeton
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Roseville, California
“Spacious Rooms and Beautiful Lobby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Location is the big plus here, conveniently sited in Carnegie Center and near restaurants and shops off Route 1. The lobby of the hotel and the adjacent restaurant are beautiful, with many places to meet and greet. The rooms are very quiet and spacious, and the beds are comfortable. The main problem with the rooms is the outdated decor. In particular, the carpet really needs to be replaced and in my room it was actually unpleasantly lumpy and dirty. Although the restaurant is expensive even for a hotel, the food is very good, and the breakfast buffet has a wide array of food including many healthful options. Service is very good as well. For the first time ever, after I had room service, a hotel employee called me to find out how the meal was. NICE! I recommend this hotel for business travelers in particular.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jon S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. I was particularly happy to hear you received a call from our Room Service department to follow up on your meal. We strive to provide excellent customer service and I will be very pleased to share this with all of our staff. I do apologize for the decor and carpet. I am happy to share that our hotel will be undergoing a big transformation later on this year. I sure hope you will join us again and I look forward to your feedback once again.

Jonathon Shisler
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I didn't really like this place much. I was here for a conference for 5 days, and very happy to leave. It's in an office park with nothing around. The closest shopping center and restaurant is a 45 minute walk away so don't stay there if you don't have a car. Yes, they have a shuttle that will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius (which includes Princeton itself) but you have to book it and it's not always available. My biggest gripe about this place was the restaurant: the prices there were exorbitant. $22 (with tax & tip) for continental breakfast, $50 for a modest dinner with a glass of wine. As an alternative for breakfast and lunch on weekdays there is a cafeteria in the basement of Carnegie 101, just across from the hotel's back exit. They have very reasonably priced food and happily serve anyone (not just employees of the company housed in the building). I also found it almost impertinent to put two water bottles in the room and charge $5 each. You're much better off getting water from the vending machine for $2. My room looked a bit old and worn, and it was slightly strange in that it had neither a fridge nor a safe. My rate included internet but otherwise it's charged at $9.99 per day, which I also find unacceptable nowadays. On the good side, the interior of the hotel is very appealing, the bar has reasonably priced drinks, and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. Still, I'd probably not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank melbguy
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
I appreciate you sharing your candid feedback regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed that your stay did not meet expectations. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding the restaurant pricing as well as your comments regarding your room. I am pleased however that you found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt in the future.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Good place but a little far from public transportation, better to rent a car if you go to this place. They have also a shuttle but you have to schedule in advance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jon S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for taking he timeto share feedback about your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. it sounds like you had some challenges with transportation. I do apologize for that. You are correct, we do have a shuttle and it will take our guests within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. It is beneficial to schedule in advance in order for us to be able to accommodate as many requests as possible, while being respecful of time contraints. I would like to hear in more detail from you what happened to see how we can improve that service.

Yours truly,
New Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I planned an advisory board meeting at this hotel. Great meeting space. Rooms are clean. Great Service. My only concern was the price of the food.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your complimentary feedfack on our meeeting space and service level at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. We strive to meet and exceed our customers' needs. Our Convention and Banquet team appreciated your kind words. Thank you for allowing us to host your meeting and hope you will visit us again soon. Our meeting space is getting a face lift later on this year. We look forward to hosting another meeting for you in our new space.

Best wishes,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel is OK: not horrible, but not great, but I think for a Hyatt, I would have expected a little better. Stayed here for one night in Jan 2012 for business: the room was very clean overall, not impressed with the bathroom, the hotel just feels kind of dated with dark hallways.

The breakfast was the best part of the hotel...plentiful and yummy breakfast buffet.

I found it difficult to find my way around this hotel: it's a big hotel.
I feel neutral about this hotel, in terms of whether I would recommend or not.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I have shared with our culinary team your gracious comments about breakfast. I have also shared with your comments with our housekeeping department about your clean room. The hotel is will have a new look in the fall. I hope you will come back to visit us to see what the new rooms, bathrooms and hallways look like once our transformation is completed later on this year. I apologize the size of the hotel will not change, but it sounds like we can do a better job of guiding our guests through the hotel. I hope you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to move you out of the neutral zone.