“Exceptional coffee (Swiss/German)”

Ranked #9 of 12 Dessert in Princeton
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

Such a soft, warm and lively coffee shop, has good sandwiches and pastries too.Cafe mocha was excellent!! Sit by the window, read...

Reviewed 30 October 2015

Austrian bakery is the reason we went. Selected 4 appealing by looks items and shared each with four people. Apple struedel was no better that Entermanns Of the 3 cakes one was good and the other two just average. Service was fine. Outside seating was very nice and relaxing. Prices were very high about $7 per dessert. Was not up to the Austrian standards which are outstanding as it relates to bakery and pastry.Appearance was better than taste.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

The Black Forest cake is to die for. The staff is pleasant; the owner is charming. There is both indoor and outdoor seating.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

I wasn't so impressed the 2 previous times I had gone to this attractive looking cafe. But today I thought I'd give them another chance. Ordered coffee and a slice of cake (that was in the display case.) 20 minutes later I was still waiting for my order even though the cafe was less than half full and there was not a line of customers waiting to order. So, was it worth the high cost and the wait? No. The coffee tasted as if it had been diluted and the cake was dry and maybe a trifle stale. Didn't finish either.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

I had a few minutes and needed to get some breakfast. I was on Nassau Street and the first place I found was Cafe Vienna. They had a selection of omelets and the Berliner looked good. It came with a side salad that was perfect. The omelet was near perfect (perhaps a little more cheese) I ordered a decaf coffee which tasted like instant. The bill was $14 and some change. The service was terrific so I left with very little change from a twenty. Excellent food but too expensive for my taste.