“Best Seafood Meal I Ever Had - and that's no Fish Tale!!!”
Review of Blue Point Grill

Blue Point Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Point Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 218 Restaurants in Princeton
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pine St.
Description: Fresh & simply prepared seafood served in a casual atmosphere with a gorgeous patio for warm weather dining.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were here for a pre-theatre show and will be back! I am not particularly fond of fish but this restaurant may change me for the better. Everyone enjoyed their food and the service was very attentive. We plan to take hour long trip again just to dine here!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I had lived in the area for a while before trying this restaurant, and it exceeded my expectations. I made a reservation for the evening and was glad that I did because they were busy for a weeknight. The menu is printed fresh daily depending on what seafood is available. There are also designations for which fish are wild vs. farm raised. Prices are reasonable for Princeton. The restaurant is BYOB, but if you forget to bring a bottle, there are two liquor stores within a block of the restaurant so you can pop out and get one. The highlight of my meal was the octopus appetizer, it was tender and simply prepared in olive oil with garlic and lemon. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This place offers an incredible variety of different fishes all very very fresh. It is a BYO which is helping. Recently the prices went up and you get now a simple and rather small piece of grilled fish with rice for over 30$ which is exaggerated.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

After trying multiples times to make a reservation we finally secured a 7:15 pm reservation this past Saturday. Our expectations were high since the restaurant was always booked and those expectations were met for sure! We started with the Lobster Bisque which was amazing (the hint of sherry was perfect - or that is what I tasted) and Crab and Guacamole Martini served with tortilla chips which was light and refreshing. For dinner, my boyfriend had the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with garlic smashed potatoes and I had the Atlantic Salmon with a baked potato. I tried the crab cakes and they were quite tasty and not "bready". The salmon melted in your mouth. The baked potato left me speechless. I could not get over how good it was. It was sort of sweet, my boyfriend kept laughing because I kept saying "this is the best baked potato I've ever had!" The restaurant serves ice cream from The Bent Spoon. Most desserts are served with vanilla ice cream but for an extra $2 you can get one of the special Bent Spoon flavors. How could we pass that up?? We ordered Apple Crisp with Banana Ice Cream and Brownie A La Mode with Vanilla Sea Salt Ice Cream. I choose a much better dessert and would recommend the brownie but would pass on the apple crisp. I think the apple crisp should be served hot like the brownie however it was tepid. My brownie was a bit on the sweet side so having the ice cream helped cut the sweetness down. For those unfamiliar with the Princeton area, parking can be a challenge but the good news is you do not need any quarters since there is a free small parking lot next to the restaurant! The entrance is difficult to find since they have an outdoor seating area that is winterized so finding the door was not easy since it was not clearly marked "entrance." That small detail would not deter us from going back, as our waitress was super friendly and attentive and the food was delicious and worth the price. Looking forward to going back and trying the oysters!

1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Great food and service- and the best ? It’s BYOB. Love it!

Love the soups, the tilapia, the shrimp. Have never had a bad meal. Reserve early!