“Great Information, Great Time”

Princeton Tour Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Princeton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Beginning in April, we offer public tours. On Saturdays and Sundays, we offer the Shameless Name Dropping Guided Walking Tours which cover the chronological history of Princeton University and the surrounding neighborhoods of Albert Einstein, TS Eliot, F Scott Fitzgerals, Woodrow Wilson, Grover Cleveland and more. In October, we offer ghost tours and ghost hunts where guests use real ghost hunting equipment to prove Princeton is haunted. During wintertime holidays, we offer trolley tours of Princeton. Corporate teams and private groups can enjoy our custom tours, bus tours, scavenger hunts and convention speakers year round. Our professional tour guides use IPads to help connect the historical dots while combining facts and just enough folklore to make everyone feel like a bonafide local! Princeton was the nation's first capitol? The last train robbery occurred in Princeton? Einstein's brain was stolen? Indiana Jones grew up in Princeton and dated the real Nancy Drew? All true and that's not the good stuff! We're proud to be rated the #1 Activity on TripAdvisor, New York Times and Small Meetings Magazine. We're even rated the #1 northeastern tour company by AAA Magazine!
Fort Worth, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Information, Great Time”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I thought Mimi did a wonderful job, not just delivering that facts (and some interesting little known ones at that!) but her delivery was humorous and well-paced. The two hours flew by.

Visited May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Stockton, New Jersey, USA
“Very Impressed!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was very scepticle about this tour. I've lived in NJ for about 23 years and didn't think that I would find value in a tour of an NJ city. I was wrong!!! The tour was awesome! Filled with fun facts and history that I had no idea about. I was very impressed with the knowledge our tour guide possessed and her quick whit, southern drawl and quarky humor made it even more entertaining while educational. I would recommend this tour to anyone that likes to learn and loves beautiful scenary. If the 2 hour/3 mile tour is too long for some folks, the guide allows you to break away at various points without feeling bad. Take the tour, you will be impressed too! Thanks Mimi!

Holmdel, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I think I'm smarter already!”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon! A tour with Mimi is filled with facts and fun. She is so knowledgable - but not if a stuffy "I know so much about Princeton" way - more a "Wait 'til I tell you what was going on here back then" way! Mimi was wonderful and the pace of the tour, which did last two hours, was very enjoyable. I am 65 years old and was able to keep up comfortably. Not too slow and not too fast. Just right. And lots, lots, lots of information. Gives you an even greater appreciation of the importance of Princeton - no only to NJ but the entire country. Thanks Mimi!

1 Thank charlnme
New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Take the Tour!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The Princeton Tour Company's two hour walking tour was so enjoyable. Each person is furnished with a gizmo and ear piece so that you can easily hear everything the tour guide is saying. HINT - if if you have small ear canals and always have trouble with ear buds, bring your own. Anyway, our tour guide was very knowledgeable, funny, full of interesting stories, and kept a good pace. You will finish the tour with an interesting collection of sites and facts in your head about the University history and architecture, some of the town neighborhoods and the who's who of the residents, town history and how it's interwoven with the University, etc. Plus you're spending a day in a lovely town with interesting shopping, restaurants, etc. By all means, do it!

1 Thank notsowickedwitch
Columbus, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour guide ever!”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Even if you think you know Princeton, you don't, unless you know Mimi. I have never had a more pleasurable, informative and fun tour anywhere! You may think there are more interesting places to tour than Princeton, but wherever that place is, they don't have Mimi. So go ahead, have fun, and take the tour. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Charles M