All reviews bagels continental breakfast short walk heated pool last summer jersey shore rooms are clean patio area kids love great pool a great place to stay can't wait to come back family vacation the past years point pleasant location was perfect board walk
Reviewed 19 August 2010

~ Great place to stay with family and friends
~ room is clean and staff is friendly
~ pool is family friendly
~ continental breakfast is free (kids love the bagels!)
~ VERY close to the beach, restaurants and rides
~ Aquarium is a cool attraction for children and adults of all ages
~ easy to get to....not far off the Garden State Parkway

Reviewed 16 August 2010

The staff at this motel are very friendly and accomodating. This was our first time staying at this motel. We arrived very early on our check in date and the girl said our room was available and let us check in. Not many motels do this for you. So we had 2 full day in our room. I would definitely go back and stay here again. They give you breakfast and the pool was very clean. The rooms were fine, not updated; but clean and fine for a shore motel. Very close to the beach/boardwalk.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We just got back from our short vacation on Friday and I can not tell you enough how nice this motel turned out to be. Yes, you do have to pay $10 for parking, but if you find a spot on the street you can avoid this fee. We chose to pay to stay in the lot. We were there four days and the location is so great, that we didn't have to move our car once. We had a slight problem when we first arrived, as I had requested a room on the first floor as my husband has a medical issue which makes it difficult for him to climb stairs. We were told there was no rooms available and that our room would be on the second floor. I was annoyed but willing to take the room, when Ashley, who is a relative of the owner, came in and showed us a room on the first floor, which was a much larger room than requested, it was actually an efficiencey, gave us the room for the same price. I can not thank her enough. She went above and beyond, as well as Valerie and Michael the breakfast chef. They made our stay really enjoyable. The rooms and pool are kept very clean. Shout outs go to the cleaning crew who work incredibly hard to keep the place looking great. They also have plenty of bbq grills and tables and chairs around the other side of the pool which were not being utilized. Next time I come with family, I would definintly use these. Because it was only the two of us, we ate out every nite. Great clams, oysters and lobster near by. We ended out staying an extra nite and we were given another room at the same price, as the efficiency we stayed in was booked. I cannot thank all the staff enough for making this enjoyable time. The only suggestions from me, turn the grill area into a tiki bar, I think that would go over great and wouldn't interfere with the pool area, and add home fries to the breakfast menu......us New Yorker's like our homefries. We will be returning to this motel again in the future and I will be recommending this place to friends as well. Any questions, please contact me.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

For the amount of money I spent I was pleasantly surprised to find that the staff was very helpful, the room was very clean and came with all the basic neccessities, and the location could not be better. A seven minute walk is all that separates your bed from the beach. Much more than you expect for the price!

Reviewed 4 August 2010

My family and I have been going to the Amethyst for a couple of years now. This is the best resort to stay at in Pt.Pleasant. The rooms are always clean and the staff is very friendly. We have never had a problem. The kids love the breakfast in the morning and they love the short distance walk to the boardwalk as well as the pool. We look forward to spending our family vacation here. We would not stay anywhere else. It is always a fun time at the Amethyst.