“Seasonal Restaurant ~ Usually Ok ~ best value are the fried clams”
Review of Red's Lobster Pot

Red's Lobster Pot
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner in the quaint indoor section of this in/outdoor waterfront Seasonal restaurant. Seating was immediate, but soon every table was taken. (just a hand full of tables inside) Smiling faces greeted us and at the door and throughout the dinner. I think my water glass was filled 15 times, and would suggest that the interaction by the server filling my water glass after every sip was not necessary. Reds has a great setting, and you can eat inside or out on the docks. If your inside and your seat faces the water even better as there is a nice stream of fishing boats going in and out. I have dined both inside the quaint restaurant, and outside on the dock . I like the inside because there is waiter service, it is air conditioned and if you have a west wind, the flies can really get you. –Further, I do not like the outside where you stand in line waiting to order for an “expensive meal” only to have it served and get plastic silver and cardboard plates. They could do so much more with this restaurant. It is a little pricey outside for and order and serve yourself dinner. Inside however is nice. Especially when the restaurant is in full swing. We had the clam strips as an appetizer. Great taste and they are really fresh~ they do not seem to be preprocessed and just fried but fresh and battered. I had the pan fired snapper with tomato, olives and capers with risotto. The fish was great, fresh and tasty but the cheese risotto was a little gooey. (Not the best I have had) . My wife had the flounder franchisee, potato and vegies, and it too was good. Cost for this meal was $70.00 Having only one app, two entrees and no dessert or coffee, some might say prices, but it is cooked to order. It is a BYOB presently; however, they do offer some wines to purchase at a cost of up to $37? Not sure what that is about or what the plans for the future. This is NOT FINE dining, but is a good meal for the custom entrée made to order. Point Pleasant Restaurants are often seasonal and offer inconsistent food values. Sometimes a hit or miss. We enjoy Reds from time to time. I do think the lobster and clam prices are a bit over the top for local items. I will return.

1  Thank JoeLNJTraveler

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Red's has always been a dining destination and once again, it did not disappoint. The daily specials are always changing, but never the quality nor the preparation. The broiled cod fish sandwich was perfectly cooked, flaky and moist with perfect seasoning. The staff is also very accommodating, allowing you amble time to decide and eager to explain the selections. Whether you dine on the dockside patio or in the quaint fishing 'shack', Red's is a number 1 choice and gives you a real 'taste' of Point Beach.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

From the minute you pull up you know you are in the right spot. Fishing boats all around you and that means one thing... FRESH SEAFOOD !!!
Red's does NOT disappoint.. The owners Marissa and Billy have this place running on point.. Where do I start?? You have the option of ordering yourself and sitting at a great outdoor table right on the water. Or you can opt to go inside to the dining room and have incredible wait service. EVERYTHING is super fresh from the raw seafood sampler to the lobster to the sof shell crab, Tuna.. EVERYTHING... They have a nicel precise wine selection that is perfect and offers 1/2 bottles too!! Don't forget the Lemon Pistachio Biscotti...and a Cappucino.. BATTS LOVES THIS PLACE !!!!

1  Thank joeybb2016
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Really fresh seafood all cooked to perfection. Portion sizes were a bit small for the cost. Some of the menu items were not available. Great service. They have both a indoor resturant and a large outside deck. nice view of the inlet.

1  Thank Carl C
Reviewed 10 May 2017

My husband and I had lunch on a Sunday afternoon. It was still too cold to eat outside so naturally we ate inside. The inside restaurant has 12 tables so space is limited. We were fortunate to only have a 5 minute wait. We shared a shrimp cocktail that was quite good. I chose the 1/2 sandwich with a cup of soup. The soup was Manhattan clam chowder and it was delicious!! My half of a lobster salad sandwich was too big for me to finish. My husband had the lobster roll. Both came with coleslaw and chips. I would definitely go back for dinner!!! The atmosphere was so pleasant with the staff working so well together. P.S. other than Sangria it is a bring your own.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Kathleen C
Marisa T, Owner at Red's Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Hi we are so happy you dined with us and enjoyed everything! Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We do have a selection of Gloria J. California Wines by the bottle only (we offer a lot of 1/2 bottle selections) as well as sangria. Patrons are always welcome to bring their own beer or wine. We hope to see you this summer.