“Quietly Delcious Local Resturant”

MonAlyssa Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
MonAlyssa Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We have frequently gone here for dinner when wanting good Italian food locally in a quiet atmosphere. We have always found the food to be ample, delicious and very well prepared. Early in the week you will find no wait but we often call for a reservation just to be sure. Food is cooked to order so it does take a while longer at time especially on a Friday night. Their specials are often very interesting. Soups are homemade and are delicious. It is a BYOB. Parking is directly in front or around the side of the building and is usually not a problem.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

MonAlyssa is a very nice BYOB neighborhood Italian restaurant/pizzeria. We visited on a quiet Wednesday night. No wait. We were greeted and seated right away. Our server, Grace, was very attentive throughout the meal without hovering. She knew all about the menu and how the dishes were prepared. The offerings were traditional Italian fare "with a twist". The chef showed a lot of creativity in the recipes and the presentation was very nice. The meal started off with nice warm Italian bread with a side of olive oil for dipping. Our caprese salad was super fresh with just the right amount of balsamic vinegar and roasted peppers on top of the excellent mozzarella. All of the dishes we ordered were prepared to our liking and my Chicken alla MonAlyssa was exceptionally tender. My wife enjoyed her Bolognese (her favorite), too. The cappuccino to end the meal was extraordinary with 3 distinct layers and a nice stick of sugar on the side. The cannoli, too, was delicious and generous in size. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

If you love Calamari and Eggplant the way I do, you may want to skip this restaurant. So many people eat there I figured it's got to be good. Not so! I could tell by looking at the Calamari that it came out of a frozen foods bag. Undeterred I dug in. In fact I finished it despite its low quality. Big mistake. My punishment came at 3:00 am -an unwelcome emergent trip to the bathroom.
The eggplant wasn't sickening but it was in no way distinguished. Mediocre at best. Whole experience was a grand disappointment.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Went there on a Friday night with two other couples and had a great experience. One of the couples comes here often and had recommended we give it a try.
Alicia, our waitress, was spot on all night with making sure our meal was to our satisfaction (personally, I don't much care for the hovering waiters that continually ask if everything is ok every 5 minutes and it was clear she struck the right balance).
Four of the six in our party ordered a chicken dish ( each a different one) and found them all to be not only delicious, but found the chicken to be the most tender we have had in a while. Towards the end of the meal the hostess Jane came over to again make sure we were happy and we wound up having a pleasant conversation with her.
I agree with previous reviews that the appearance is a bit out dated, but have always remembered not to judge books by their covers ( some of the best fish fries in the Bahamas are in shacks).
Can't wait to go back as there were a few menu items I wanted to try and since my first choice didn't let me down, I'll be back for seconds.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We have been going to MonAlyssa's for many years. They have delicious Italian food and great service! It offers convenient home delivery, take out or dine in at their quaint restaurant. During the summer months you can enjoy dinner on their adorable patio. It's also a BYOB and it has reasonable prices. It is our favorite Italian restaurant offering flavorful dishes and with exceptional service!