“Nice Place to stay off the beach”

Ramada West Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Mine Hill, New Jersey
“Nice Place to stay off the beach”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The area is ok, not too far from the beach, room was clean, nice continental breakfast in the morning, shuttle service to and from the casinos. Had a little trouble getting shuttle back to hotel at 1:30am, however called cab. Manager and hotel staff friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Clear Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Hotel is dated and had a odor in the 1st floor lobby area. Employees friendly, and breakfast was good. We just were not impressed with the place. We received a smoking room (it was a bus trip) so not the hotels fault and of course it didn't smell real good, I did ask the front desk if they had air freshener and they were going to have someone drop it off later on so we didn't fool with it. All in all a very average hotel that needs upgraded. I would choose another hotel if we were not on a bus trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Even with the negative reviews that I've read on the internet regarding this hotel, (being stubborn as I am) I still gave myself a chance to try this one.

Let me start with the GOOD things first:
1) When I checked in on Monday @ around 3pm (4/16/12), front desk person was polite, has a good attitude and was professional in conducting his job.
2) Met the shuttle driver the next day, she was also helpful.
3) The cleaning lady really maintained our room neat and clean everyday.
4) Breakfast shouldn't be missed. They only need to put omellette and sausages in their menu and its already like taking your breakfast @ IHOP .
5) Bed was clean and comfortable, bathroom was ok.

Now here are my honest NEGATIVE feedbacks:
1) As soon as you enter the hallway leading to your room it smells like you are walking thru a kitchen door, I can smell food.
2) I booked my reservation on line. The package included a free HBO. But in reality there were no available HBO channels in their line up NOT even one.
3) WiFi connectivity, if you use their wireless connection it would take forever before you can get connected . I suggest that you use Xfinity or Optimum . I was using 2 laptops , an IPad, IPod and a DS XL and it only took 30 seconds before I got an internet connection using the Xfinity wireless. Thank you Comcast.
4) Don't walk barefooted on the carpet, it looks clean but is sticky. I suggest that you put your socks on all the time.
5) The big windows were uncleaned. But I don't care as long as I can see my car thru it thats fine with me.
6) I turned off the aircon late @ night , when I woke up the following morning there were bugs crawling out from the airconditioner. My son squeezed them using his sneakers.
7) There was a cobweb at the corner of the curtain rod. You can't notice it unless you move the thick curtain.
8) Parking lot is dimly lit and you share the lot with the tractor trailers and big buses . There was also a boat parked when I was there. Some drivers were driving like they are in the Garden State Parkway when exiting the property.
9) And lastly, on my 3rd day I met another front desk person, he was really rude and demeaning in the way he talks. He is unpolished and rough in his behavior and was very unpleasant. Of all the travels that I've made this is the worst hotel employee that I've ever met.What a real shame to Ramada and the entire humanity. I can pass all the cobwebs, the bugs, the sticky carpet and the smelly corridor but this one I'm sorry I cannot accept this.

10 years ago Ramada has employees that were wholesome and well mannered,.those days were gone, nowadays it really deteriorated.

Will I come back to this hotel again ? Definitely NOT as long as that employee works there.

Will I recommend this hotel ? I don't know ? If bugs, cobwebs, smelly stuff, and sticky carpets doesn't bother you then go for it.

I only have a picture of the cobweb other than that I leave everything else to their security cameras.

Thank You for reading. .

Room Tip: There are a lot of hotel / motel chains along this route it won't hurt your budget if you try th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank AikenJoshAndrew
New Brunswick
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have to say, the pictures could really trick you. They look real nice, but it doesn't look like that. I had planned to enjoy my stay for a couple days w/ my family and my dog. I called the day before I was supposed to arrive and they were pet-friendly. I asked them to see if they have a pet fee and they told me they didn't charge. The day I get there, I was checking in to get my room key and I specifically asked for a non-smoking room and yet I get a room that was a smoker's. I go back and they changed my room, but the clerk did not like the fact that I changed. The next room was better and I unpacked my things. My family felt uncomfortable because the person next door was acting like a peepin' Tom. Opened the door various times to look at what we were unpacking. I go back to the office to check in and he asks for my credit card to charge the pet fee and I was shocked. I've been told the day before that they did not charge. I simply left and cancelled my reservation. Luckly, I was able to get a refund because I booked through Orbitz. Really good company to make reservations. I don't really recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MIntriago

Travellers are raving about these Pleasantville hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. It was extremely dated. When we went to our room, we opened the door and the first thing we saw was the open ironing board and on the carpet below it was a scorch mark from the iron that someone left on and it burned the rug. There was a funky smell in the room - I didn't even want to try to figure out what it was! The counter in the bathroom was pink formica - this must have been from the 50's!!! I wouldn't even take a shower in the dirty fiberglass tub! I was so leery about placing my luggage on the floor because I didn't want anything that crawled to get into my clothing. The gold blanket on the bed was pretty gross too! I slept with my jacket on because the blanket was so disgusting.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbk21348
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
1.3 km away
2.9 km away
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
4.5 km away
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK