“Terrible service and messed up orders...good food though”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Original Steak and Hoagie
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Plainsboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Description: mostly a takeout food place... sandwhich shop with cheesesteaks etc.
Chesterfield, New Jersey
“Terrible service and messed up orders...good food though”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

This place is right around the corner from where I work. It is no frills and essentially takeout only, there are about 2 tables with 4 stools. We would typically order food from here once a week and get it delivered. The food from this place is good, but very inconsistant, half the time cold. We tolerated this as the food is pretty good until an incident that occured about a week ago. My collegues ordered 4 hoagies for delivery, and they only delivered 3 of them. When we called to ask for the additional sandwich, they asked us to look around and check for the missing food. Then they called us back and told us that 2 seperate people were "positive" that the food had gone into the bag for delivery. After two more calls they said they'd bring the missing sandwich. After 40 mins and still no sandwich WE called back and were informed that they weren't delivering an extra sandwich. Point of my entire review is that they have terrible customer service. We ordered from this place for over 2 years, and the staff/owner basically tried to accuse it that a missing order item was our fault. The owner claimed that the only issues on deliveries seemed to happen at orders from our company. What I can assure you is that they did mess up our orders from time to time, and honestly we have better things to do then argue over $5. What can I say, I personally will NEVER go here again. While the food is good it is inconsistant, and while I am not one to typically compain about a restaurant the attitude of the staff and owner shocked me over somethign as simple as leaving a $5 sandwich out of a order. We are now looking for a new go-to restarant to order from.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow