“Has to be the BEST Super 8!”

Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Richmond, VA
“Has to be the BEST Super 8!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great place for the money! It was VERY clean. (and I am picky) Up to date décor and comfortable. We were on the first floor and the ceiling height in our room must have been at least 10 feet high, which made the room feel even larger. The front desk staff was Super nice and very helpful in recommending a place to eat and giving directions that we requested. This HAS to be the nicest and cleanest Super 8 we have ever stayed in and will stay here again in the future if we are in the area. No complaints at all!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Haymaress
8568022800, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Haymaress, Thank you for reviewing the Super 8 Pennsville. Thank you for the GREAT review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Also, thank you for noticing how clean the rooms are, the housekeeping staff works very hard on keeping the rooms looking brand new! We are happy to know that we will be accomodating you in the future! We look forward to seeing you. Thanks again!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
York
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I can't bring myself to grant a 5 star review to a Super 8 but it's certainly hard to find fault with this newish, well-located hotel. Room was spacious and clean, service was friendly, breakfast was adequate. it's easy on/off (definitely preferable to the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge), and there is an Applebee's just across the parking lot. This spot is a no-brainer if you are searching for a stop along Rt. 295!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ssilvertexaspa, Teresa N., Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
pcyork, Thank you for reviewing the Super 8 Pennsville. Although we are disappointed that we didn't get a 5 star review from you, we are thrilled that you had a super stay! Thanks for posting your review online and for mentioning our great location off of I-295 just at the foot of the Delaware Memorial Bridge, in New Jersey. We hope to see you again soon so that we can earn all 5 stars! Thank You and Safe Travels.
Quebec
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We drove from Montreal to Vero Beach last March and back to Canada in May. We stayed at this hotel on both trips and I must say it's the perfect place for the money. Modern, quiet, friendly, super clean, average breakfast, large room, superb bathroom. For the price, one can't ask for more.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
8568022800, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Hello mirador194mirador194, Thank you for choosing to stay at the Super 8 Pennsville! I'm glad that you could appreciate the value of the Super 8 each time you've stayed with us. Thank you for noting the cleanliness of our rooms and our SuperStart Breakfast. SuperStart Breakfast will be adding new hot breakfast items this summer, so please come back again to experience the new, super additions to our breakfast buffet!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 in Pennsville for one night at the end of March, 2012. It was a very nice hotel. I have stayed at similarly-priced hotels that have been very run down, but this one looks almost brand new. The decor is very modern and classy.

I didn't interact with the staff all that much, but I did ask if there was any toothpaste for sale, and the clerk at the front desk gave me three single-serve packs of Colgate for free. I thought that was really cool, even if just a small perk.

There is a Dunkin Donuts within the same general parking lot area, so getting breakfast the next day was easy.

All in all, it was a good deal, and I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a bargain.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
8568022800, Social Media Liaison at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Tonmeister96,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night, March 18, 2012. I have always seen the Hampton Inn from the highway and found this place by accident headed there. My boyfriends company has a corporate rate with some Super 8's, so he was glad to see the "Now Open" sign and I was pleasantly surprised! The young lady that checked us in was extremely nice, the room was much larger than expected (w/ king bed), and there was a fridge. The truck parking is an added bonus, as he is an OTR driver, and was able to park his truck.
I've seen some of the comments about hard beds, but after traveling 9 hours and dealing with traffic on a Sunday evening, we were both tired and neither had a problem falling asleep. I was surprised there was only a walk-in shower with no tub, and thought maybe it was a handicap accessible room (especially since it was so big), but see from other comments that's what they have.
They are located next to a McDonald's and walking distance to Cracker Barrel, so we were able to pick something up after checking in.
I am generally a frequent-stay guest of Hilton properties, but in this economy, the Super 8 is certainly winning me over! Thank you for a good night's sleep after a long day of travel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
8568022800, Social Media Liaison at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear TweeteyB,
Thank you for filing out such a wonderful review. I'm glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and that our front desk agent took very good care of you and your boyfriend. We look forward to seeing you both again through your travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennsville
2.3 km away
Comfort Inn and Suites
#4 of 24 in Newark
13.8 km away
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana

Been to Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK