“Friday night out.”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Forest Street
Transit: Highland Avenue Station NJ Transit
Description: Hat City Kitchen is an intimate restaurant/music venue located in The Valley Arts District in Orange, NJ. Serving Creole-inspired comfort food alongside jammin' music, it's a great place to enjoy food, music and drink. Featuring open mics, open jams and many regional artists, Hat City is a destination for a relaxing yet engaging environment. Rated a 3 star restaurant, Hat City is made possible by Hands Inc., a local non-profit dedicated to the revitalization of The Valley. As an extension of the Hands mission, Hat City's profits go towards further develop the area and support local artists.
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

First time at HCK. We were seated right away. Our server was very good and answered every question we had. The appetizers were good but a bit on the cool side. I had the ribs & fried chicken which was very good. The short rib special was delicious and very tender. The stuffed shrimp was good also. The only real problem was yhe temperature. Nothing was hot. Other then that it was a nice meal.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We haven't been to HCK in a long time. My husband was in the mood for fried chicken so we decided to give it another try. The only thing that was okay was the chicken. My salmon was swimming in an overly sweet mustard sauce. My steamed spinach was floating in oil. My friend's half rack of ribs were disgusting. It came out as individual ribs that were fatty and awful. The thing I was most annoyed about was paying $4.00 for 5 corns muffins that each were the size of a quarter. They tasted stale like they had been in the freezer for a long time. They were tough as they had been re-heated in the microwave. We're done with this place!

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We went to enjoy.some live music and drinks. The music was good and the food was fantastic. Had a great time.
Will visit agsin.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

OK food; OK music but nothing great. Hard to remember what we ate which says enough about a restauant.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

It was okay. I wasn't impressed. Ambiance was nice, Mac and cheese did not taste good. Garlic spinach was the bomb diggety. I would return for just that. Most soul food spots offer 2 sides, this is the first spot I've been to that didn't. Anyhow I plan on returning to check out the entertainment, one day

Been to Hat City Kitchen? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK