I love Ocean City and have been going there for 20 years. I enjoy the proximity to Somers Point, Margate and Sea Isle bars and restaurants. It's the perfect central location and the Crossings is easy in and out without dealing with 9th St noise and traffic. I prefer to stay in the south end and go to the boardwalk maybe once or twice during my vist but I don't need to be near all of the kiddie rides so finding a hotel away from all of that was great. It is a very easy, quick drive into downtown if you want to go. I prefer to rent a house but if you don't want to commit to a full week and large house, this is a very decent alternative for a few days away. We prefer to get away ourselves and have some quiet time to decompress and don't need a house that sleeps 6-12 people. The Crossings is perfect if you just want a few days at the shore without renting for 7 days. I prefer to stay on the beach most of the day and just be out and about . Hanging in the room or at the hotel for me is really just to sleep, shower or change. I thought the room was clean, updated and very decent and adequate for what we wanted. It is not a 4 or 5 star luxury hotel, but you are at the Jersey Shore and not at a Carribbean resort so BE REAL. We stayed over a Sat and Sun night and it was very quiet at night and we were not disturbed by slamming doors or loud talking. We did not hang out at the hotel and got back late each night but found it to be quiet. We didn't use the kitchenette at all but it's nice to know it's there. I assume some of the rooms are nicer than others. I would say our room was decent, clean and pretty recently remodelled. It did not have any strange musty smells like many motel type places. The bathroom is very small and there was barely any closet space. May be crowded for more than 2 people. I hope they keep it up and continue to maintain the property and individual rooms. I would definitely come back for a few nights stay. The rates are great in late August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crossings is located in the beautiful South End of Ocean City, NJ. The Crossings offers easy access to a host of historical sites, artisans' villages, shopping, state and national parks, Ocean City beaches and fine dining guaranteed to satisfy the entire family. The Crossings offers many amenities and services, pool and tastefully furnished one room efficiency rooms featuring color cable TV, refrigerators, individually controlled heat and air conditioning, and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your The Crossings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crossings Hotel Ocean City
- Crossings Hotel Ocean City
- Crossings Motel Ocean City