“Pleasant Suprise”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 3 March 2018

The food was excellent as was the service. It is a small place geared more to takeout. We enjoyed the beach feel to the place.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

The food was good but a bit overpriced. I will have a hard time going back due to the filth throughout the restaurant (seating area, grill area, back area).

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Right in the heart of the Asbury Ave shopping area, Jay's has a good selection of seafood at fairly reasonable prices. The atmosphere is not exactly what you'd want for a wedding anniversary dinner, but service is good, as is the food!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

From the reviews that I had read, the crabcakes were given such high marks, so we headed there for that!

Honestly, both my friend and I found them to be mushy, not high quality- definitely not full of lump crabmeat. It was not crispy and it was slightly overspiced- overpowering the flavor of the crab.
If they want to keep prices down for families, they could offer a regular crabcake and a lump crab cake (for a few more dollars)… When you are staking your reputation on the crabcake, it's really sad when it's disappointing . We both ordered the crabcake on a salad and it was certainly nothing special. I would not head back there-but will continue my search for a really good seafood restaurant in Ocean City!
Also, the outside tables were in beating sun at 6:30 pm and inside was sticky, greasy smelling- it could sure use some freshening up.
Hula Grill is still the best food I have had in OC.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We were struggling to find a place open for dinner before "the season" began, and we found Jay's downtown. It is not the most stylish place, and when we arrived, the wait staff outnumbered the diners, but they were fun and friendly. I decided to have grilled shrimp and was extremely happy with the meal. It was a pleasant surprise, and makes it a place to which we would consider returning for delicious seafood.

1  Thank TR3B-1962