See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Ended up here for a last minute getaway in peak season - loved the house - great porches and wonderful old woodwork, antique furnishings and claw foot bath tub. Rooms were very clean, tastefully decorated and comfortable. The owner Peg was pretty laid back, very accomodating and not "in your face" like some B&B owners. She also makes a great breakfast! The beach is not close - it's a decent walk, but definitely walkable. Parking is wherever you can find it, although there is a big municipal lot with meters within a block. Also the bed in our room was quite firm - not the most comfortable. If you stay here and want a great seafood dinner - check out Ocean City seafood at 9th and Central - really good!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rikster29
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The butterfly breeze was only about 3 blocks from the beach and boardwalk. The owner didn't seem liked she really enjoyed owning a B&B. however the room was clean, although we had a hole inour sheets. she had beach towels,chairs and beach tags available. The best part about breakfast were her homemade scones. Other wise we had pancakes one morning and eggs the next. I always like a little extra touch like snacks in the afternoon. Her scones would have been great with tea and coffee. The porch was nice for sitting out on, but a bit dark. This was a good value, but not a place I would want to go to again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I've been to Ireland and felt like we lucked out on finding this quaint bed and breakfast at the last minute. I would not bring my overly bouncing young boys here, but the room was perfect for us (two adults). It was charming - clean and comfortable.The bathroom was across the hall,but we did not share it with anyone and it, too, was clean and spacious. In addition, the breakfast was made by our dedicated hostess and it was absolutely delicious! I'd return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We booked this B&B for one night only...it was the only B&B with a last-minute Saturday availability..now we know why. Upon arrival the hostess gave us a quick review of their available beach towels, tags, etc and then showed us to our room. We unpacked and got ready to head to the beach, but the key wouldn't lock the door. After struggling with it for a while we went downstairs to tell the innkeeper. She came up and tried to lock it but was unable to. She then just stood there and didn't say anything. I said to her "do you want me to step out of the room" and she replied "well unless you want to stand there all day". I then said well what are we going to do and she replied "what, are you afraid people are going to steal your stuff?" I was really surprised at her rudeness to me as her guest but kept my cool. She then said "I promise you nobody will bother it, nobody even comes up here". She then said it would be fixed when we got back from the beach. When we got back it was fixed. We also found that the rug in the room was all wet in one corner and she said that was from the previous guest who had a cooler sitting in that spot. Still not what you'd expect to find upon checking into a B&B. The room was moderately clean, but had alot of dust and dirt under the nightstand and looked like it needed a good thorough cleaning. The room was dark and gloomy, not the cheerful beach atmosphere we expected.
Also, they do not provide any parking and we drove around wasting alot of time looking for a space that day and night.
We were told that breakfast would be at 8:00 the next morning. Everything was ready when we got downstairs and breakfast was very good, with a large variety of food to choose from. We ate in the dining room with another family and the innkeeper stayed in the kitchen (which was connected to the dining room), not once greeting her guests or asking how anything was. Overall, we felt very uncomfortable and unwelcome...would not come back here again or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank summerwind26
Reviewed 22 August 2010

The B&B looks very nice. The hostess was not. Curt, not hospitable are the feelings I and my family felt in dealing with her. The 'private suite' was not private, only sheer curtains separated it from other guests passing by. There are 2, 1 hour sittings for breakfast and if it doesn't suit your style, too bad. There can be a lot of stairs to navigate depending on the level you are staying in so, be sure to get a lower level room if stairs are an issue. One redeeming point, we had an issue with our fire alarm and bathroom sink; the gentleman who answered the call at 23:30 was very helpful and courteous. He resolved the issues right away.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family