US$ 359
US$ 343
Blue Water Inn(Ocean City)
US$ 114
US$ 100
Ocean City Mansion(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$ 255
US$ 167
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 193/night.

Ocean Front Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$ 256
The Crossings(Ocean City)
US$ 166
Coral Sands(Ocean City)
US$ 133
All reviewsbeach tagsbig porchboard gamesother hotelsnothing fancybeach passesafter checking outmid weekgreat place to stayoff street parkinglocation is greatboardwalkloungingcleanlinesscouchseasonrefrigerator
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

A typical beach hotel as we expected. Nice porch and lobby. Room was small and relatively clean but very musty. Mini blinds blocked almost no night light from the parking lot. Noisy window ac. Very expensive late reservation. We expected full price but checking their online rates showed they took full advantage of us. Website says breakfast but there was none. No fire sprinklers.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank williamcI819QW
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Our stay at this hotel wasn't all bad - we found our room to be clean and the cleaning staff was very friendly. One big plus is that they have showers for you to use after you checkout, so you can get all the sand off your family before driving home. The outdoor porch is cute. The lobby is nice, and even has a few children's board games. The free wifi actually worked.

Our room wasn't as cramped as I expected and we found the beds and pillows comfortable. The shower however, was a big problem. It was incredibly cramped and even worse, the shower door doesn't open far enough to clear the sink, so trying to find a way to squeeze into the shower can be quite an adventure. The shower alone is reason enough for us not to return. It's such a shame too, because all they'd have to do, is move the location of the little refrigerator, and they'd have space to even extend to a full bathtub. It was really bizarre.

There were some smaller issues too, like the remote was broken, and rather than light blocking curtains, the windows have mini-blinds that block almost no sunlight, so you can wake up early - and have NO breakfast! There was no breakfast at 6 o'clock. Ok, most people don't get up this early. 7 o'clock - no breakfast. 8 o'clock - still no breakfast! Finally around 8:30, bagels showed up with butter, cereal was put out with NO milk, and microwavable oatmeal, but no microwavable bowls. Each morning one guest or another took it upon themselves to make some coffee, or there would have been none of that either. The second morning, there was just cereal, and again, no milk. So very odd.

The advertised pool was locked. We were told it was "closed for maintenance." This was also odd as none of us could ever find any evidence of anyone actually doing maintenance on the pool. Nor do there appear to be any visible problem with the pool, but it was padlocked.

Ocean Breeze Hotel's website still prominently advertises a pool and free breakfast. I don't see how this is anything other than false advertising. There website needs to be updated ASAP, because quite frankly they are promising things they're not even attempting to provide. In the meanwhile, for all the guests that have already booked, you have an obligation to get the pool unlocked, and maybe bare minimum, at least go buy a gallon of milk.

Room Tip: There is tremendous inconsistency between rooms. Some bathrooms are awful, others are fine.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristen A
Reviewed 10 September 2017

After reading other reviews for this hotel, I am wondering if there is a 2nd Ocean Breeze Hotel in OC that looks exactly like this one. I don't know how they could have stayed at the same hotel I did. The front porch & lobby were beautiful, but that is all the positive I have to say.

The room was small (2 of us in the room made that okay). The floor in the bathroom around the toilet was mushy. The toilet was situated so close to a part of the wall that stuck out, that my hip rubbed against the wall every time I sat down. (I could not help but think of the hundreds of others who had used that toiled and rubbed their hip against the same spot.) (Btw I am not a large person) I finally took the toilet paper of the roller because every time I reached for it I felt like I was turning myself into a pretzel. The shower pressure was as bad as it can get while still getting you clean. I made the mistake of trying to adjust the water temp while it was running and went from slightly cool, to burning myself, to ice cold in about 10 seconds before I was able to shut it off. Brushing my teeth in the sink was awful due to wondering how dirty the water was coming out of a sink as scary as this was. Opening up the ancient medicine cabinet found I found rust. AND BROWN STUFF ON THE WALLS!! No idea what it was. I brought clorox wipes and cleaned the walls as high as I could reach, also cleaned the sink and toilet and I still did not feel comfortable. I felt more comfortable using the public bathrooms on the boardwalk than in the hotel room.

The bed was so hard that it could have doubled as a table. The squishy bathroom floor may have been softer. After my first night sleeping on it my back hurt half the next day.

False advertisement... By the way the pool closes after Labor Day. There is no breakfast after Labor Day. I realized the pool was closed when I went to check it out and found it padlocked. We found out about breakfast when we went down to eat and found there was no breakfast. Other guests got there and found this out right before us, the answer was simply "it is not put out after Labor Day". She did say she was putting something out, but not knowing she would scrape up last minute we left. When we went back out later we found bagels and gold fish crackers.

We originally booked one night, but added a 2nd night a month later. This resulted in one night being booked under my name and the 2nd my husbands name. We discussed this with the desk at check-in who merged the reservations so we could have the same room the entire time. Two hours after check-out time the next day, we got a phone call telling us that we needed to return to the hotel to check-out immediately. The person at the desk the next day did not see the reservations had been merged.

Lastly, there is no one working the desk from 8p-8a. I understand that may not be prime time for desk staff to be busy. But we wanted to check-out before 8a. We had to make a return trip to the hotel just to check out after we went for breakfast and before we were able to get on the road. Others had left their keys on the desk. That is just not something we felt comfortable doing without a room number on our key.

Again, I am confused reading the reviews from others who say they will not stay anywhere else. The hotel seemed to have plenty of guests while we were there. We did not overhear any positive comments, only negative. I conclude with the words of a fellow guest... welcome to hotel hell.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacie S
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Where to start. Lets see, the bathroom floor had a huge hole in it that tile was covering. Also smelled bad in there too for the first full day we were there. Room was small, unfinished and in no way modernized. Bed was harder then laying on the floor. TV channels were suspect at best. appeared they were using and internet feed for the TV. We got local news from 20 miles from where we live but the interesting part was that the hotel was 150 miles from home??? No breakfast even though the hotel was totally full. Instead they put Goldfish crackers out. Several complained that the pool was not open. This did not bother us but it was running and advertised and the front desk woman simply told an older man who was asking about it that it was too bad and they would not be permitted to use it because it is closed for maintenance. The lobby looked promising but that is where it stopped. Would NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I read the description and reserved a room based on the price and amenities. When I arrived on the 9th I was informed that the pool was vlosed, no breakfast would be provided and no ice available. Very disappointed. Staff was not very amenable to my complaints. Other guests were equally upset. If they are going to cancel amenities they should notify guests on advance or reduce the price. Also the room had lots of ants. Won't be coming back here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends