All reviews beach tags big porch front porch board games beach passes easy walk to the beach historic hotel family suite other hotels nothing fancy security deposit after checking out mid week parking space flat screen tv off street parking great place to stay
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Nice porch though . Need 65 words or more. Old and dirty. Dirty and old. Old and dirty. Close to beech. Beds were uncomfortable and looked dirty. Dirty and old! See pictures below.I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Nice porch though . Need 65 words or more. Old and dirty. Dirty and old. Old and dirty. Close to beach. Beds were uncomfortable and looked dirty. Dirty and old! See pictures below.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Dawn was super nice. She upgraded us due to a slight mishap with our reservation. We told her she didn't have to do that, but she did it anyway. We appreciated the gesture and based on our treatment from her and the excellent staff we will definitely stay there again. Throwback to the classic old hotels of a bygone era. Wrap round porch was nice. Room was clean. Continental breakfast was a nice touch.
Complimentary beach tags were appreciated and they let us use them for a full day even after we had checked out. Parking was an issue as they have limited spaces, but we found a un-metered space right across the street. They also let us use an indoor shower room after we had checked out and returned from the beach later in the day. The staff was always around if you needed anything. It's not a fancy 5 star hotel but it's very nice. They do need to clean the outdoor shower though. It was yucky. That's the only negative we encountered. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the beach side.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I go to Ocean City, New Jersey once each year, and always look forward to it! We are always open to new experiences and new hotels, so we thought we would give Ocean Breeze hotel a chance. Unfortunately, this will be our first and only stay there.
Pros...
The staff, whether it be the front desk, or housekeeping or hospitality, they were all very friendly and always accommodating. That's basically the only positive that I could think of.
Cons...
The first reason I wouldn't stay here again is because of the parking situation. They don't have enough parking spaces for all of their guests, so you have to find your own place on the street or in ajoining parking lots. One night I had to park at a meter, and make sure I was out on the street at 9 AM to move my car.
In the bathroom, the toilet was right up against the wall and you couldn't even sit straight, you had to sit at an angle which was very awkward. Also, the toilet paper in the bathroom was absolutely the cheapest I have ever encountered. You would grab it and try to pull out a section on the roll and one square would break off because it was so cheap.
We went to hang our clothes in the closet, and found that there wasn't a single hanger in the closet… What's the point of a closet without hangers!!
If you've read any of my reviews, you know I'm rarely this negative. But, we always look forward to visiting Ocean City, and this experience was really a disappointment for us.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The Ocean Breeze Hotel is one of those classic old hotels that captures the ambiance of the 50s and 60s, but has those modern day amenities that any hotel needs, i.e. A/C, WIFI, TV, etc. We were in town for the Graham Nash concert, and we just loved the place - clean, convenient to almost everything in Ocean City, and a very nice staff. We were able to use their beach tags even after we checked out to get another beach day in. As others have said, we did not use our car for the entire time that we were there. No, it's not the Hilton, but it is one of those classic Ocean City hotels from a time gone by. We'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I really wanted this to be a better experience and I wish I could write a better review, but I have to be honest and fair. Let's at least start with the positives:
The staff was outstanding, friendly, courteous and responsive. The lobby evoked the century old charm and the porch is just a great place to hang out and relax. Location is not as close to the boardwalk as others, but not terrible.

For the not so great: When I arrived at my room, I thought I must be missing something. I have stayed at historic hotels all over the country and typically rooms are small, but I really wonder if I stayed in a converted closet. The bathroom was clearly an afterthought and constructed with untreated wood, wood screws and camper sized shower stalls with ill fitting doors. The toilet was so poorly placed, a large sized individual would not be able to use it. As is, there was feces smeared on the wall that was uncleaned (I cleaned it for you) from someone who obviously could not fit.
The A/C essentially worked as on-off and left the room at 90 degrees or 65 and the room was deemed a "shoe box" by my party. None of the photos we saw were representative of the room we received and had we seen more accurate photos, there would be no way we would have booked it.

Again, I liked the staff and really wish I could write a better review, but I have to be honest to other travelers - this hotel's best days are behind it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family