All reviews heated pool short weekend room was nicely decorated extra towels small kitchenette stayed here for nights beds were comfortable night stay labor day weekend nice size board walk couch beach units nj
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I've read many reviews on this motel that were totally negative. Don't let them sway you. This place is somewhat bare bones but it was extremely clean. The beds were firm but NOT uncomfortable at all. The staff is courteous and it is about a block away from the boardwalk. I would recommend this motel.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karen E, Manager at Sifting Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thanks Cheryl. Somehow I missed this review last year. We hope to see you this summer!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Rooms were small bit clean. I had a Murphy bed which was a first for me but it was comfortable. My soon and grandson had a separate bedroom and pullout couch. Rooms were adequate. Small kitchen if needed. Pool area was nice. Close to the beach

Room tip: Get first floor, there awe a lot of steps to second level and there is no view.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jane R
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

It's location is very good and close to Boardwalk . Pictures are not recent pictures of pool and hotel so you will be disappointed . Sofa was old smelly and torn I just posted its picture. It's a pity as the motel just needs to be maintained and it would be good. A lightbulb hanging on a piece of cable attached to ceiling is your light instead of proper light fitting. Similarly in the the bath a rubber shower tube attached to the pipe provides you a shower instead of a properly fitted shower. This could be a good motel but the maintenance looks like it's being carried out cheaply. It reminded me of a hotel in remote part of India. For $122 per night off season I would not be back.

Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank Ish B
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Great place to be. For the price they ask they provide tenfold. You have a great location(walking distance to the beach), good staff and the pool was nice. Being a family vacation I did not mind the screaming children, but those are the sacrifices we make.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel had a kitchen, microwave and refrigerator. Room was tiny. Perfect for the two of us. With more people it would have been crowded. The pool area was nice, open and heated. Close to Boardwalk. Needs some updating.

Date of stay: September 2016
Management response:Responded 25 September 2016

Thank you for choosing Sifting Sands Nancy. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have some updating completed by the time of your next visit. Our units are individually owned and each owner is tasked with the updating of his or her unit. We will certainly pass your recommendation along.