“Delicious Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Great Italian food. Wait staff was very slow though. The manicotti was just wonderful and can't wait to come back and have it again.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Nonna's used to be my favorite place to come to eat. Aside from the ambiance and decor, this visit was different. The service was always friendly and welcoming. The staff and Chef always made you feel a part of their family. Walking in with friends the other night was embarrassing. I couldn't believe this was the same Nonna's. We got eggplant rollantini which used to be the best I ever had. This time is was impossible to cut and cold on the inside. The chicken parm tasted like Chicken from McDonald's with a jar of Ragu poured in it. I asked for the manager and they said he wasn't in. So I asked for the chef which I was told was too busy to come talk to us. Moments later I hear an older man with an accent yelling at the staff to stand outside. I felt like I was in the movie, Godfather. I asked my server who that man was and I was told it was the owner. I told her that he was not the same owner that used to be there. She told me that guy left. Scared to complain to the new owner and ask any further questions, I paid my check and left. This new ownership has made this restaurant very unpleasant and I will not be returning and will be sure to tell others the same.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

I was in search of a reasonably-priced Italian restaurant in town to have lunch with my teenage son. After reading mixed reviews about area restaurants, we decided to walk Asbury Ave. and pick what looked good. We stumbled upon Nonna's, and we were happy with our choice. Nonna's has very casual Italian dining. Anyone looking for upscale Italian cuisine, you must look elsewhere; it is what it is: a casual restaurant in a beach town. The wait staff was attentive and friendly and the food was fresh. We both ordered a dish including their homemade meatballs and the food was great. I would visit Nonna's again for a casual Italian meal.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Had a nice dinner here with family. Service was good a little on the slow side but my family enjoyed not feeling rushed as we enjoyed our meal. Salad was good, and calzone was delicious. They have an excellent red sauce.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

The staff was friendly and accommodating. I liked their red sauce, which they make from scratch every morning. Their pasta is also fresh and made locally. I enjoyed their vegetarian lasagna. It was tasty and not overly filling.