“Very nice fmily dining experience”
Review of Nonna's Trattoria and Pizzeria - CLOSED

Nonna's Trattoria and Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Went with total of 14 family members. Service was very good, not one order was missed. Staff was attentive and helpful, even more so with the children. Food was delicious, as everyone said their food was very good. No doubt would go there again on next visit to OCNJ.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

We went based upon some friends' recommendation. First of all, we live in an area in upstate NY with great Italian restaurants so we compare Nonna's with our restaurants at home. We were served several small slices of bread with about 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce for dipping - smallest amount I had ever been served. The service was somewhat lacking - when I received my meal, I asked the server for parmesan cheese and more tomato sauce for my entrée and she said I would have to wait for a few minutes - she then went to take an order from another table instead of getting me what I need to begin eating. She did come back with another 2 tablespoons of sauce and pepper instead of cheese. When I did begin eating, the food (veal with linguine with oil and garlic) was lukewarm at best. I had to send it back to be heated and, when it came back, the veal was hot but the linguine was still only lukewarm and had no taste - very little oil or garlic. Due to the food and service, we and our friends will not go back - there are other much better places.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

I very much enjoyed my dining experience at Nonna's. Food and service were very good, there were real tablecloths on the tables, and the noise level was bearable.
Did I mention the food? I tried the eggplant parmesan over angel hair pasta with a wide order to meatballs. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Wonderful meals-we all had different dishes-fettuccine alfredo, spaghetti and meatballs, eggplant rollatini, veal Parmesan,chicken marsala-and everyone enjoyed their meals! Excellent!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

During our most recent visit to Ocean City we had a number of meals out and we made a point to visit Nonna's on 3 separate occasions. We had a wonderful dinner during our first weekend and found the ambiance much nicer than some of the other Italian eateries in Ocean City. It is situated right on Asbury where there are tons of shopping to be had. The dinner was enjoyed by all 4 of us in the party. Their marinara sauce is savory and tasty. We also tried their pepperoni pizza on another occasion and we're quite surprised as it far surpassed anything along the 2 mile boardwalk. Our last meal prior to leaving the island was a mid day lunch where the stromboli was delicious. Anyone thinking of some Italian food should not overlook Nonna's. We will venture back to OC again later this year and will visit once again!!