“Nice little motel for the price”
Review of Blue Water Inn

Blue Water Inn
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We spent a few day in OCNJ and the rates for the Blue Water Inn was more than reasonable. PLEASE UNDERSTAND: This is not a luxury hotel...it's a nice little motel that offers basic amenities and gives you a place to sleep and clean up. They do their best to help and that's what's nice about it. You can park before check-in and after check-out, and use their showers/changing rooms beyond your scheduled reseveration. They provide a small continental breakfast and have one of those old 2nd floor porches that catches the sea breeze.

The building does need some updating especially the showers, but we were told they are in the process of working on things with new ownership. There is a small pool that you may use similar to the shower/changing rooms. The restaurant below needs to do its part to keep the sidewalk clean.

Overall, we were happy with our stay because of the price and the fact that the staff made every effort to make our time enjoyable. If you're looking to spend some time in OCNJ on a budget, definitely give the Blue Water Inn a look.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cornmanrichards
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Blue Water Inn

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Bed size is a lie. Bed fills room. Filthy. No elevator. Bad onsite management. DO NOT STAY HERE under any circumstances.
You are better off staying at a decent place on the mainland, or ANY other place on the island.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank McbgLions
Reviewed 7 July 2017

My cousin and I made an impromptu trip to the beach. We regret staying at the Blue Water Inn. The rooms are nothing like they show in the pictures in front of the motel. When we called we were told it was ocean front--- ha, ha. The only thing we could see when we looked out the window were the dumpsters. YUCK! There is not an elevator so you must carry your luggage. The rooms haven't been dusted in who knows how long. The shower is disgusting. It is so small that if you drop your soap forget about picking it up. The water temperature goes from warm to scalding hot. The beds are squeaky. There are no end tables. I had to put my bipap on the floor. The electrical plugs are so old that nothing stays in them. I have never stayed at such a horrible place. Avoid this place if you can.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KSHG
Reviewed 7 July 2017

No dresser. No hangers. No place to put luggage except on floor. Pedestal sink hard to work from in the bathroom. They did have a medicine cabinet. Hung the one towel per guest on a nail on wall. They bought a hotel that was to be torn down...so fresh paint and new carpet was laid. Pictures that are posted on other review are pretty accurate. Its just not enough to cover up what so badly needs to be done. It felt gross. Spotty Wifi. The porch area was nice. No problem with breakfast. If your are gluten free, there are no options for you here. I went to Yoasis for a Pitaya fresh fruit bowl. Yum.

Room Tip: The apartment #3 has good beds and bathroom. Noisy AC though.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 66happy58
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

First let me say I booked my room thru Expedia, I booked a two bedroom suite with two double beds and a bathroom, Expedia had asked me how many people would be in my party I said 4 adults and one child age 2, upon check in they advised me at the hotel that this two bedroom suite was for just two people , so they charged me a additional fee due to the extra people in the room due to the breakfast they serve, which we did not eat , it was coffee, juice cheap nasty muffins, and bananas. This hotel is more like a very old boarding house, it is not handicap accessible by any means, the stairs going into the lobby are cement and go straight up, not older people friendly or child friendly at all, very dangerous . This place has NO elevator, and we were on the 3rd floor, brining in luggage was exhausting to say the least. The free beach passes, you must leave a 20.00 cash deposit which you get back once you return them. The room is old, dirty and dingy, there are NO closet doors and NO hangers in the room , and no night stands, no clocks, no phones, no dressers, so you must live out of your suitcase , I'm so glad we were just there 3 nights, no way would I ever stay there again. The bathroom floor was disgusting and dirty full of stains, the shower was moldy and just plain gross, just look at the pictures I will post , the plugs in the room don't work, there were wires left dangling on the floor, the light in out room was dirty and cracked and stained, the moldings were broken and my Granddaughter walked by and scratched herself on it, she's just 2 years old, the beds have no headboard , the air conditioner sounded like a jet engine , and finally the pool was dirty all full of sand and I had to skim the pool, due to lack of proper suction all kinds of hair floating on top of it . I am not a complainer however this hotel is considered to be a budget hotel so be prepared for that , I would not recommend it nor will I ever be back . Also broken blinds , and no curtains .please see my pictures .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family