“Nicer and larger than most like it in the area!”

Sun Beach Motel Condominiums
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Sun Beach Motel Condominiums
Bucks County PA
“Nicer and larger than most like it in the area!”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Stayed here last summer for one week with my two kids. This condotel is a bit larger than most in the area. Some are large enough to hold two double beds and still have a small loveseat and table/eating area. Like many other properties in the area, every unit is privately owned and therefore what you get widely varies depending on the unit/owner. They are all setup as one large room, so no separation and therefore, no privacy other than the bathroom.

The unit we stayed in had two beds but only a small table. This was a bit small for a full week with kids, but we only stayed 5 and we made it through. ;) Now that my kids are getting older, I would probably not stay here again unless it was one of the larger units as it is just too cramped with 4 (almost) adults.

The room was very clean, well maintained, good a/c and very nice pool. At the time the front desk was not very warm and fuzzy but did their job adequately. We had accidentally packed all our beach tags away on our last day and the front desk was very nice in allowing us to return them via mail when we got home. We thought that was very nice as I'm sure other places would have required us to pay a replacement fee upfront and have it refunded IF we had returned them. In the end, we did indeed return the tags without having the hassle of requesting a refund.

I have heard that currently their is NO front desk so it appears management is having some problems in that area and I'm sure they will replace them with someone else soon.

I would not hesitate to recommend this place in the least!

Room Tip: Check out each room online before choosing!
3 Thank partyelfllc
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 August 2010

First off the front desk staff (Tina) was rude! That left a bad taste in my mouth to start off my stay! The daily maid service left a lot to be desired. All they did was empty the trash, changed the towels and made the beds. This is the first place I ever stayed at that did minimal.
The rooms are owned privately so be careful because the cleanliness, stocking of kitchen equpiment and decor vary. The rugs in our room were filthy! I am in the process of either throwing out our white socks OR bleaching them!
My final say is I skeeved our room and won't be back!!!

8 Thank 1girl1b0y
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I really have no complaints about this "motel". It was actually better than some hotels I've stayed in. The room was very clean. My son walked around the tiled floor with his white socks without them getting even a little dirty. Bathroom and kitchen area were spotless. No spots on the walls, no funny smells. We slept comfortably; didn't see any bugs and had no bites (we did use bug spray though as a precaution). The walls seemed sound proof because I couldn't hear a thing from the other rooms. The pool was average and the parking lot was small but that's no different than from most of the hotels in Ocean City. It's close to the boardwalk and I didn't have much contact with the staff because we had everything we needed in the room. Overall it was of better quality than what we paid for. Hopefully they keep it up!

1 Thank Natty8206
philadelphia pa.
Reviewed 7 August 2010

What a nice clean great price place. The pool was very clean and fun to play in.
They havea BBQ grill to help you save a few bucks. The supermarket is just 2 blocks away. It had a fridge, stove, microwave. Staff was quick to answer our questions and the office has a lot of really good coupons. At night it was very quiet. We had a handicap room it was big and like brand new. We will be back, sorry we did not find it earlier in the season.

2 Thank chop76
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Best kept secret of Ocean City! For those looking for affordable, clean and like new accommodations for a large or extended family this is the place.
Room 204 is Sun Beach Motel's 2 Bedroom Apt. which also includes bunk beds in a common area and a sleeper sofa. Great set up for my family of four and Mother-in-law. Can definitely sleep 8 comfortably.
Apartment was very clean but the one small bathroom is partially renovated and is starting to show a little wear and tear but still decent and clean. The shower curtain did need replacing though.
Beds and pillows were very comfortable but I would bring a king size fitted sheet for the master bedroom next time because they use a flat sheet that constantly pulls loose. There is enough room to accommodate a portable crib in the Master.
The second bedroom has a queen sized bed and is quite comfortable and nice but is set up a little strange. There are no windows or A/C unit in this room. An exhaust fan is used to draw air from the Master into the second bedroom. My Mother-in-law stayed in this room and slept very well because it was so quiet and the morning light didn't wake her up. She also had to turn the "exhaust" fan off because she was chilly so the strange set up worked out just fine.
Has an equipped kitchenette with an apartment size full refrigerator, dishwasher and 2 burner stove top. The dining table is bar height with six chairs which concerned me at first. I have 2 and 4 yr old children but it worked out o.k. because I had brought a booster seat that strapped to the chair just fine. Table top is glass so a clamp on portable seat wouldn't be safe and it would probably tip the table over.
There are flat screen TV's everywhere and WI-FI if you need to plug in.
There are no closets but each bedroom and common space with the bunk beds have armoires with lost of storage.
The pool was very enjoyable because of the privacy fence and great maintenance. You would never know that you were on the corner of a main street. The shallow end was large and my 2 yr. old was able to stand up. Pool side shower was great and so was the spray hose outside of the pool area for rinsing off after hitting the beach.
We did use the upper sun deck one evening to dine alfresco which worked out great with the kids because there is a gate we closed to keep them contained so we could relax. The vinyl table and six chairs were great because we brought in some seafood and kept the mess out of our room.
The Apartment is on the second floor right at the top of the stairs so it wasn't difficult loading and unloading but might be more challenging on a weekend.
Everyone was very nice and courteous - staff and other guests included.
They are awesome because they are the only one's who would allow me to book for just 2 week day nights! We will definitely stay longer next time. This was a trial visit to the shore for our little one's and they had a great time!
We had a wonderful stay and would definitely return year after year!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family