All reviewsblockmoteldeskboardwalkocean
Reviewed 18 June 2017

MASHA,WAS THE BEST HOST IN A long tine very helpful. Nice other lady-ROSE the mystery lady,but very nice. clean pool. nice spot close to beach and boardwalk.
very helpful about the area as well. parking good and safe

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dispatchercdl
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This motel is in serious need of remodeling. I don't mean to take away the 50's charm, but maybe get an interior decorator to redo the motel to keep it's charm updated. The furniture, decor, sucks! Whoever picked this decor out has terrible taste!! Please redo.

The indoor/ outdoor carpeting needs to be either redone or needs to be torn up & painted. The air conditioner perspires & causes mold. I walked into the room & it stunk so bad. I recommend bringing a can of Lysol or Febreeze.

Also, the door on the bathroom is old & painted. Needs a new door. It looked like somebody punched a whole through it & redid it. The water pressure sucked in the sink. The shower was fine though.

The pool area looks fake w/ the stupid palm tree. Needs real, live plants & palms to add atmosphere. Very old stuff! I love plants & can't stand fake stuff. It's so old!!

The manager is very nice. She is on a breathing machine, so be extra nice to her! She is older. I feel bad since she is still working & really should be retired. Hint, hint, hint! Your job is done here. Thank-you for being so pleasant & welcoming to everybody!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Syase
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

The price is right and the ladies at the desk were super nice and helpful. The pool area was clean and pool wasn't overbearing with Chlorine. The rooms are old and out dated that's why it's nice for a couple nights only. The room we stayed in was humid and smelled like cigarette smoke even though it says no smoking. Can't stop rude people from smoking, especially when there's a balcony with 2 chairs outside the room. The air worked great and water pressure and temperature were good! I like hard beds so I slept like a baby but the beds are hard. The bathroom was clean but small. When I used the toilet my legs had to fit under the sink. Overall this motel is great for the price and a great location but wouldn't stay here for more than 2-3 nights.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maribeth_13
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Came here for a long weekend with family and was thankful to find a place for a sort time. We have been staying at the same hotel for 12 years but could not get a room for the weekend we wanted so we have seen this place for years and thought lets try it. The owner was nice and went out of her way to help but the place is in need of SERIOUS work. The room was clean as were the lines and bathroom but boy the bathroom was tiny, missing tiles, no traps in the sink or shower, lights out in the room in two places! However, the bedding was spotless and the towels looked brand new, the room was clean but very - very dated. Most hotels are in this area. I was surprsed there was no hair dryer or ceiling fan in the room. The frig newer and held alot. There were a lot of guests staying there that seemed out of place. Too many families that invaded the pool area and left no room for other, It was like the forced us out so they could take over. I watched a family eat sandwiches in the baby pool which was just gross. This is an older NW hotel, great for a night or two but wish the room had more TLC. Don't expect the place to look awesome, it will never be..I can't say anything negative because the place was what we expected. It is worth a try if you are on a budget and need a vacation.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank yummimummi1
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Love this spot. Aruba may be a bit antiquated without the modern conveniences but its stays true to its Old Wildwood culture. I have tried the more modern Horizon Motor and Florentine for a bit more but remember you are going to go to enjoy yourself AT THE BEACH, BOARDWALK AND POOL...not stuck in a room. Yes they updated air, pool chairs, etc but most of all the beds are CLEAN and if something isn't working they don't ask you to help move units etc. like I experienced at other places and they don't double book (Horizon Motor). I ask for extra towels, cloths anything and they accomodate. Let me emphasize may be antuquated but VERY CLEAN right down to the grill. Front desk always a pleasureable. If you are too fancy, booshie or expect more than simplicity then pay the extra cash elsewhere. If you don't like an overly crowded spot and want to relax...then this spot is for you.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family