All reviews block motel desk boardwalk ocean
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

The price is right and the ladies at the desk were super nice and helpful. The pool area was clean and pool wasn't overbearing with Chlorine. The rooms are old and out dated that's why it's nice for a couple nights only. The room we stayed in was humid and smelled like cigarette smoke even though it says no smoking. Can't stop rude people from smoking, especially when there's a balcony with 2 chairs outside the room. The air worked great and water pressure and temperature were good! I like hard beds so I slept like a baby but the beds are hard. The bathroom was clean but small. When I used the toilet my legs had to fit under the sink. Overall this motel is great for the price and a great location but wouldn't stay here for more than 2-3 nights.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maribeth_13
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Came here for a long weekend with family and was thankful to find a place for a sort time. We have been staying at the same hotel for 12 years but could not get a room for the weekend we wanted so we have seen this place for years and thought lets try it. The owner was nice and went out of her way to help but the place is in need of SERIOUS work. The room was clean as were the lines and bathroom but boy the bathroom was tiny, missing tiles, no traps in the sink or shower, lights out in the room in two places! However, the bedding was spotless and the towels looked brand new, the room was clean but very - very dated. Most hotels are in this area. I was surprsed there was no hair dryer or ceiling fan in the room. The frig newer and held alot. There were a lot of guests staying there that seemed out of place. Too many families that invaded the pool area and left no room for other, It was like the forced us out so they could take over. I watched a family eat sandwiches in the baby pool which was just gross. This is an older NW hotel, great for a night or two but wish the room had more TLC. Don't expect the place to look awesome, it will never be..I can't say anything negative because the place was what we expected. It is worth a try if you are on a budget and need a vacation.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank yummimummi1
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Love this spot. Aruba may be a bit antiquated without the modern conveniences but its stays true to its Old Wildwood culture. I have tried the more modern Horizon Motor and Florentine for a bit more but remember you are going to go to enjoy yourself AT THE BEACH, BOARDWALK AND POOL...not stuck in a room. Yes they updated air, pool chairs, etc but most of all the beds are CLEAN and if something isn't working they don't ask you to help move units etc. like I experienced at other places and they don't double book (Horizon Motor). I ask for extra towels, cloths anything and they accomodate. Let me emphasize may be antuquated but VERY CLEAN right down to the grill. Front desk always a pleasureable. If you are too fancy, booshie or expect more than simplicity then pay the extra cash elsewhere. If you don't like an overly crowded spot and want to relax...then this spot is for you.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank CruzOne1
Reviewed 15 September 2015

It was a last minute decision to spend a night in WW, it's hard to find a hotel that will give you one night but Aruba did and was very nice about it, It's an older hotel but very clean and for me that's very important. Would stay again for sure, God willing I will book a room for next summer for sure and hopefully for more then one night. Aruba you got from me.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Staff was very friendly but hotel is badly in need of a make over. TV in back bedroom is an old one, cords are hanging and it looks like a fire hazard. Front tv is a flat screen but beyond tiny with more fire hazard cords hanging. Would not go there again. 2nd floor smelled horrible on the steps, thinking it was garbage can.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family