“Worth driving an hour to get their wonderful food.”

Istanbul Restaurant & Patisserie
Ranked #13 of 112 Restaurants in North Brunswick
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We went first in 2014 and returned when we were in the Newark NJ area recently. The food was just as good, the bread amazing and this time we tried the Turkish coffee, outstanding. I recommend the sample platter your first time and the appetizer sample platter. Be ready to share and don't fill up on the great bread!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We have been several times and the food is always excellent and authentic, as we've been to Turkey. It can be a little loud at times & the wait staff is Turkish so there may be minimal language issues but the experience is excellent and we plan to go back. It is also BYOB.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Ihave diem by this restaurant many times. The Indian restaurant in the same strip is very good, so we thought we'd try this place too. Nice ambience. Friendly server. Unfortunately, the food was tasteless. Won't be going there any time soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I have driven by this restaurant many many times. Today I decided to give it a try as I have fond memories of the food in Turkey when I visited a few years ago and it was time for lunch. I ordered a chicken shish kabob sandwich. It was VERY good. I could tell the chicken was freshly grilled for my order. The sandwich was a thin pita like bread with fresh salad and the tasty chicken. The sandwich came with crispy French fries. I will definitely come back in order to try other items on the menu. The service was very friendly.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I wanted a dish I had at many Turkish restaurant. It was an eggplant puree with vertical lamb called doner hunker. They had hunker begendi which is the dame dish but with lamb kebab meat. They also had the vertical lamb. But they would not put them together. I offered to pay extra, i even said give me both dishes and I will put them together myself. They refused. I really don't understand what the problem was, it's like a restaurant refusing to give you mashed potatoes instead of rice when both are in the menu