All reviews times square top floor new york city free parking return ticket a lot of money coffee maker shuttle service to nyc nj transit bus per person takes about minutes the hotel offers port authority visit nyc toast manhattan meadowlands
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights in 2 double bedrooms. The rooms are large and very clean. Breakfast was adequate but the dining area was extremely small and cramped. The two men at check-in were very courteous and professional, however, certain staff members seemed to be in a perpetual bad mood and were extremely lacking in customer service. The shuttle service is brilliant in theory but the reality unfortunately didn’t quite match up. Getting to the city in the morning wasn’t too bad but getting back to the hotel was more like a ‘free-for-all’. It’s bizarre to have a crowd of over 40 people waiting at the stop and for a tiny bus to appear that can only hold half that number! Even if you booked a specific time, there was no guarantee that you’d get on that bus. Beware if you order a grilled cheese from room service. It comes with unadvertised bacon!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
MeadowlandsVH-NB, Guest Relations Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated & I would like to apologize for the unprofessional attitude that certain employees had during your check-in. This type of behavior is not accepted in the hotel & this will be addressed.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Called and asked for and early check in because we have to catch the 3:15 pm shuttle. Was told by a male employee that early check was not possible and it’s not their policy. He was quite rude and abrasive and I’m hoping we didn’t make a mistake by booking this hotel. I have read numerous reviews that stated they were allowed early check in so apparently it is possible. Stay tuned!

2  Thank kjordan63
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Don't stay more then 1 minute of the Check out time , they will tend to charge you extra.
Park and take bus to New york is 1 mile from Hotel. the direct bus to New york is at half a mile of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor better
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

With me,it all boils down to customer service.i was served by a supervisor named Tiffany. Bad attitude,acts like she owns the hotel. There’s always a way to talk to guests. She made me cancel my hotel because of how she talked to me with an attitude. Now on what happened.i booked a king bed non smoking room.she told me I couldn’t stay in the Same room. That wasn’t the problem,it’s how she told me. When i asked for a manager..she said she was it. There was no one higher I could talk to. She needs to work on her talk Manners while talking to guests. I would appreciate a personal apology. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
MeadowlandsVH-NB, Guest Relations Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave a review based on your experience - I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay. I can assure you that this isn't our normal level of service, our staff goes above & beyond for our guest, but unfortunately that was not the case with one of our supervisors. I do apologize for the tone of voice given.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Got this as a blind draw from Hotwire and it fit the bill as needed. Neighborhood is a little iffy but seemed to be OK. Hotel is a bit scary from the outside but that changes when you enter the lobby. Very comfortable inside and very good free breakfast - not sure why people were previously complaining about lack of vegetables for breakfast as I couldn't think.of any vegetables that were generally eaten for breakfast. Hotel offers of pay shuttle to NYC ($12 r/t) but if you want to hoof it a short half mile, there is a shuttle to 42nd St for $3.25. All in all, this is a good place when visiting the city

1  Thank PennYanMeatball

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review based on your experience with The Meadowlands View Hotel - we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel & your stay. About the breakfast - since we get many people from all around the world certain cultures do eat some vegetables in the morning for a balanced diet - it is all based on cultural preferences but we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the selection we offer. Hope to see you here again.