“The BEST Value for a NYC Family Vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites North Bergen

Comfort Suites North Bergen
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in North Bergen
Holden, Massachusetts
“The BEST Value for a NYC Family Vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is my second time reviewing this hotel and my fifth time staying here.
Believe me, I did NOT want to stay here. We were only in town for one evening and I could afford to splurge on a hotel in the city.
However as the price went up on NYC hotel rooms, the amenities dropped and it just didn't make sense to spend double on a tinyhotel room that didn't suit my needs. The biggest deal breaker was the offsite, no readmit $40 per day parking. Having to lug my children and all of their stuff five blocks twice in 2 days made no sense.
In the end, I am so happy that we chose to stay at Comfort Suites again.
The room was spacious and very clean. We had a King suite with a pull out sofa bed and there was way more room than we needed.The standard microwave and mini fridge in every room meant that we could get back to the hotel early and heat up our leftover lunches (saved us $$ on dinner). I also never noticed how many kids channels the flat screen HDTV had before: ABC family, HBO family, Nick, & Disney to start. Free HBO.
Free WiFi took a couple of tries, but as soon as Iogged in it was effortless and superfast.
I got a WONDERFUL night's sleep. The bed was comfy and the comforter clean. The pillows were firm yet plush. I really appreciated that after driving four hours and walking around NYC for 6 hours.

As usual the breakfast was as good as you can possibly get for FREE breakfast for your whole family. There were scrambled eggs and bacon and different flavored waffle batter for the waffle machine along with your standard pastries, bread, yogurt, etc.What I really liked was that the coffee choices were regular, decaf, a flavored, and a DARK roast. You don't usually see that. There were also several choices of creamer. The breakfast attendant stocked breakfast well past 10am.
My only gripe was that there was only one high chair and there were several other families there with infants. They could stand to invest in extra high chairs.

Customer Service was a little bit better than the previous time that I stayed which is why they are receiving a four stars this time, but four is not five.
They aren't outright rude, just cold. As though they don't need my business. It's just like it physically pains them to smile. Check in was swift, but when I went down to ask a question about parking I waited at the front desk for 10 minutes and no one came to greet me. Eventually I went back up to my room to call. My room happened to face the restaurant and NOT the parking lot and with the area being notorius for break-ins, I asked if I could park in the restaurant's parking lot(which is adjacent to the hotel) so that I could keep an eye on my car. The man did not give me an answer. He paused and said," I don't know, that's a decision you need to make on your own. You have to be prepared if they tow you." Really? I would have thought that I wouldn't have been the first person to inquire about this.
All in all I will definitely stay here again and continue to recommend it to families on a budget.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the parking lot so that you can keep an eye on our car.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank exo7dust
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Colebrook, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Great option for business trip or romantic getaway... Very nice and clean room - free parking - great Argentina restaurant next door - great wifi Internet - hd tv in room - laundry facilities - nice fitness center - good complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank benoitleblanc
Grand Montréal (great Montreal)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Good value! Very good price at 140$ for 6 people in one room! Large rooms!
Clean!!! Perfect for a night before heading to New York. About 6 minutes from Lincoln tunnel. Easy access from route 17 NJ.

Tip: If you go on a cruise and want to park your car there for a week, it is very convenient, safe and cheap! Only 10$ per day!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 2Wawa
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We read about this hotel on Trip advisor and decided to stay there. It was great. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and the food is always great. The rooms are very clean and nice. The hotel is only a half mile from the the bus that takes you into the city and it takes you to the bus depot which is only a couple of block from Times Square. Great way to save money on your hotel when going to NYC.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DJsKreative
baltimore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My wife and I just went to New York for a few days together. We have been pleased with other comfort suites in the past. This was different. The shower pressure was poor for hotel standards. The jacuzzi was leaking water when we came into the room. and water was leaking from the faucet of the jacuzzi. The remote did not work with the tv. I called the front desk and was told I had to come downstairs to get a different remote because the women could not leave the front desk. I did, and this remote also did not work. This repeated itself again , and after the third time I told the women I wanted a different room. She said she could switch us to a room on the first floor. It was already 10:30 and all of our stuff was unpacked in our room. we did not feel like relocating but the remote issue was annoying. FInally, our room was on the side of the hotel that faced Tonnelle Ave which to my surprise was a busier road than I had thought. Trucks did not stop rumbling down the road THE ENTIRE NIGHT, our sleep was constantly interrupted. If you decide to stay here, I would recommend requesting a room number between 100-110, 200-210, 300-310, as the numbers from 10-20 on each floor are close to the highway and you wont get any sleep.
The heat was working. Thats about it.
If you want a nice get away, try comfort inn and suites in Poconos!

Room Tip: Pick a room nuber up tp 10. DO NOT Choose a room between 10 and 20 as they face the highway!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

#1 of 2 in Hoboken
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,150 reviews
2.9 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands

Been to Comfort Suites North Bergen? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK